C3 Door stuck shut

James Vette

CCCUK Member
After turning the indoor door lock to lock then unlock the door is stuck. Do we need to poke a coat hanger down the inside when we roll the window down because we spent a long time messing with it and poking a long screwdriver down there but nothing. Can't find anything helpful online. Thanks. Also for some reason the wipers don't work now but the wiper door still works.

Last edited:

Roscobbc

Have you tried operating both exterior and interior door releases together and pushing the door inwards at the same time. There is an interface unit on the engine side of the dash which can be problematic. If the wipers don't get a signal from the flap mechanism that its opened they won't function. Check out the override push switches under the dash. The switch can brake - the vacuum hose can come off or perish.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Thanks guys. Will keep trying with the door it was really frustrating me earlier as it seemed a simple shove about with the big screwdriver would force it free but of course nothing is ever simple. If only we could get the door card off without the door being open... Wiper door operates perfectly but the blades don't move anymore. Do they work on electric? I'm guessing a hose came loose when we were messing with the engine bay now just need to find the hose.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
C3 electric wiper motors are notoriously problematic . After a lot of faffing about with mine trying to resolve it I finally binned it and fitted a knew one . I believe that your model year will have the floor mounted switch , later C3`s had dash mounted switches . The connections to ground are critical to their operation in the various speeds and self park functions .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Yes probably. I'll try wd40.
It might be the linkage from the push down handle to the latch has come adrift . The short actuating rod is held in place with spring clips .As EMC said , you will need gain access somehow to check . There are details of the parts on the internet and exploded diagrammes of how it all works .

James Vette

CCCUK Member
We sprayed wd40 down there and held every lock while pushing and pulling and finally after some much needed swearing it came off. I'll have the door card off to inspect the lock getting caught but it was dry as a bone so put some grease on the exposed mechanism for now.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
We sprayed wd40 down there and held every lock while pushing and pulling and finally after some much needed swearing it came off. I'll have the door card off to inspect the lock getting caught but it was dry as a bone so put some grease on the exposed mechanism for now.
As I put in an earlier post to Captaink , if WD 40 and a big hammer doesn`t work on a job , a damned good swear and brute force usually does . :ROFLMAO:
Glad you got it open so you can see what`s going on . (y)

James Vette

CCCUK Member
289935CC-00BE-4036-8F26-85C5B58AE068.jpeg
I took off a bit of rubber from a rod that was causing another problem because with the door card on it was squeezed tight and the rod couldn't move. Not exactly sure what the rubber was for. I've magnified it on the left. Not my photo.