C3 Hood

Roscobbc

I've had the stroker big block 'upgrade' in my '68 427 C3 for perhaps 8 or more years now. Various 'life' events have got in the way since then (and still doing so) and put a temporary (perhaps permanent?) hold on doing various other things to the car. I was quite sad to be forced to 'mothball' the big block/LT1 hood in order to allow the necessary upgrade and airflow improvement to a higher rise inlet manifold and had no choice but to install the repro' L88 short deck hood (unless I was prepared to cut a huge hole in the hood). I bought a used item from Tom in a base finished satin black and have left it at that untill I decide to have it put 'in colour'.
Earlier on this week I decided to measure-up, remove and install the 427 badges of the big block/LT1 and the two chrome mouldings used on the faux air ducts and install them on the repro L88 hood. The chrome mouldings were never were never used on the genuine and repro L88 hoods. I decided to fit them. Without the moulded divider bar on the centre of the big block/LT1 hood they don't quite fit as per OEM....but I think they look OK and 'finish-off' things for the time being untill I decide whether to have the hood re-finshed to match the rest of the car.1692189049124.jpg1692189019565.jpg

Alexm

CCCUK Member
I’ve got a standard 73 hood hanging on my garage wall, in primer.
Has a small chip on front edge.
Will take some more pics if interested?

Attachments

• IMG_0416.jpeg
    IMG_0416.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 14

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I've had the stroker big block 'upgrade' in my '68 427 C3 for perhaps 8 or more years now. Various 'life' events have got in the way since then (and still doing so) and put a temporary (perhaps permanent?) hold on doing various other things to the car. I was quite sad to be forced to 'mothball' the big block/LT1 hood in order to allow the necessary upgrade and airflow improvement to a higher rise inlet manifold and had no choice but to install the repro' L88 short deck hood (unless I was prepared to cut a huge hole in the hood). I bought a used item from Tom in a base finished satin black and have left it at that untill I decide to have it put 'in colour'.
Earlier on this week I decided to measure-up, remove and install the 427 badges of the big block/LT1 and the two chrome mouldings used on the faux air ducts and install them on the repro L88 hood. The chrome mouldings were never were never used on the genuine and repro L88 hoods. I decided to fit them. Without the moulded divider bar on the centre of the big block/LT1 hood they don't quite fit as per OEM....but I think they look OK and 'finish-off' things for the time being untill I decide whether to have the hood re-finshed to match the rest of the car.View attachment 23788View attachment 23789
Does that mean you have a short BB /LT1 hood spare? Could that be for sale?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I’ve got a standard 73 hood hanging on my garage wall, in primer.
Has a small chip on front edge.
Will take some more pics if interested?
Blimey!!Alex m, I was concentrating on the hood on the wall and completely missed your T bucket! That motor looks like some serious power 🤣👍