C3 Lockdown Project - Finished

Vetman

CCCUK Member
C3 mods finished for now and just in time for lockdown easing.
No Corvette was harmed in the process.
Photos attached.

Attachments

• BB766B00-1114-413F-AC17-176B870B39D6.jpeg
    BB766B00-1114-413F-AC17-176B870B39D6.jpeg
    308.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 5AA14961-3F32-4068-B264-7E53C7A6279F.jpeg
    5AA14961-3F32-4068-B264-7E53C7A6279F.jpeg
    354.8 KB · Views: 35

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Sure is distinctive , and no doubt unique too . Rear three quarter vision from the drivers seat could be a challenge though . :unsure:

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
So onto testing now then..
Where are you booked in?.. Millbrook, Bruntingthorpe, Elvington, M6 Toll?

Last edited:

Vetman

CCCUK Member
Sure is distinctive , and no doubt unique too . Rear three quarter vision from the drivers seat could be a challenge though . :unsure:
I will use a man with a red flag, a reversing camera, and an extra mirror. How do can drivers manage?

Roscobbc

And the 'coupling' of a C£ Corvette and a AMC Gremlin, results 9 moths later in a Gremette or a Corlin - or perhaps in more understandable parlance and irrespectively - a bucket of crap :poop:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
And the 'coupling' of a C£ Corvette and a AMC Gremlin, results 9 moths later in a Gremette or a Corlin - or perhaps in more understandable parlance and irrespectively - a bucket of crap :poop:
That was precisely the love child I was thinking of too ! Cremlin maybe ??

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
What were they thinking?...

View attachment 12183
There is one of these in the UK at the moment -Carrot Town Garage had it on their stand at Speedfest last weekend (for sale). I think it will make an appearance at the Nationals next weekend.
It’s not exactly the same as the one pictured above, but has a slightly slicker rear end. I won’t post the pic I took - I don’t want to spoil the anticipation!

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
There is one of these in the UK at the moment -Carrot Town Garage had it on their stand at Speedfest last weekend (for sale). I think it will make an appearance at the Nationals next weekend.
It’s not exactly the same as the one pictured above, but has a slightly slicker rear end. I won’t post the pic I took - I don’t want to spoil the anticipation!

Thats a Station Wagon rather than a Van though it was available without side windows.
I have seen it but it was 10 months ago so i dont remember too much detail other than its unrestored.
The story goes that the original was built for a drummer who wanted a Vette he could carry his drums in.
Have a look inside because i have a feeling that this one has a surprise inside (could be wrong).

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Love em or loathe them...these cars are the ones that draw attention and get talked about long after the event.

Aston Martin have been at it too with a station wagon..... I saw one of these recently, the snappily named Aston Martin "Vanquish Zogato Shooting Brake". Very rare only 99 produced. So much more practical for a run to the 'tip.Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 10.46.10.png

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
The Corvette Sport Wagon was mainly produced by Ecklers, ACI and Greenwood and sold as add on Kits, I think Greenwood actually produced / built a widebody turbo version

Roscobbc

They've all been 'at it' at some point -
url
full

1_2.jpg

H_and_H_auction_car.png

And arguably the most inefficiant use of space ever
1486131475-aerowagon.jpg

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Here's one from a bygone era......

View attachment 12187

I don't feel the XK150's lines were improved by the conversion.(n)
OMG What a travesty! Reversing an XK into a Moggy Traveller
I know of someone who was not happy and reversed his XK E type at speed into a 1600E Estate in the Tunnel in Birmingham, obviously did not look after his XK very well