C3 Lockdown Project - Finished

Vetman

CCCUK Member
So, Vetman, have you found out what the take off velocity is yet?..
morpowa needed?
My mods are ‘anti-lift’ so take off should be delayed! Also my tyres are not rated for take off speeds. I will add some proper wings for a low speed take-off in due course. Chocks away!

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
My mods are ‘anti-lift’ so take off should be delayed!

But do they work?.. this is the question.
Lewis.. weve put some new wings on the car for todays race, we havent actually tested them but we think they look about right.

Last edited:

Vetman

CCCUK Member
But do they work?.. this is the question.
Lewis.. weve put some new wings on the car for todays race, we havent actually tested them but we think they look about right.
I don’t care much at the speeds I drive at on the roads. It was a styling exercise giving me a great project during lockdown.
The aerodynamic principles are well established. Have you challenged Pace Car owners? Downforce surfaces usually increase drag. Sloping rear window will reduce drag. It would take wind tunnel testing and direct downforce measurement to determine the Cd and Cl for my year of C3 with and without the attachments. Then the added weight would need to considered.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
So, not going to Bonneville then?.. thats a shame, i was hoping to get a job as chief windscreen washer bottle filler.