c3 Tyre wanted

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi All, does anyone have an old “wide oval” or similar white lettered c3 tyre hanging around under the bench? Tread not required, I am making a wall clock for the vette shed from a 15” clock and I want to mount it in a trim ring which I have , and a white lettered tyre, ( similar to the dartboard at your local) back in the day. 👍TiA.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hi All, does anyone have an old “wide oval” or similar white lettered c3 tyre hanging around under the bench? Tread not required, I am making a wall clock for the vette shed from a 15” clock and I want to mount it in a trim ring which I have , and a white lettered tyre, ( similar to the dartboard at your local) back in the day. 👍TiA.
Bugger and damn !! I have recently paid to have two 15inch white lettered tyres disposed of when I had new ones fitted to front of the C3 . :rolleyes:

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I have the original unused spare from a '72 and doubt I'll ever do anything with it. It's wrapped in cling film but I'll dig it out and get a pic later

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi mr cricket, be great to get a new unused one as it will have full tread and look great. I guess at fifty years old it wouldnt be wise to risk running it under your pride and joy so could be perfect for my clock project. Is it white lettered ? And what make is it? Where are you based. ? TiA👍

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I think it's polyglass and yes white / cream letters. Cheshire but I get all over so where are you? Got involved in the garage today but will take a pic of the Corvette 'truck' tyre tomorrow

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Still has nubs
Wow! Time capsule tyre ! Definitely the sort of thing I am looking for . What did you have in mind pricewise. ? I guess post office parcel service (up to 20 kilos) would be ok to collect / deliver, I will get a quote from them . I am in mid cornwall. 👍

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
A coffee and bacon sarnie at the Nats. We have a project starting in Exeter soon (I was there this week) with engineers heading there from here?