Welcome to the new CCCUK website!
Our old website is still available but no longer open for new posts. Click here to visit it. Click here for more information.
If you're not already a member of the CCCUK, join now!

C3 wiper door

antijam

CCCUK Member
The wipers and their cover door work perfectly on my '71 except that in the closed position the door sits too high against the screen.....

P1320168.JPG

The error is slightly less on the passenger side but that seems to be because the door actually sits a bit low relative the the wing. The problem seems to be that the angle in the closed position is wrong. The fit with the grille is fine and the rear stop adjustment screws are already screwed right in. Any suggestions on how to correct the fit would be most welcome.

Roscobbc

CCCUK Chairman
Looks as though the hood is perhaps sitting too far back towards the screen and too high at the rear?

antijam

CCCUK Member
The hood fit is actually pretty good, with equal gaps all round - including with the wiper door grille. This wider shot may show the problem a little more clearly ....

P1320171.JPG

The door itself seems canted up at the rear. I'm wondering if there's an adjustment that allows the door to be rotated downwards relative to the mechanism?
As I mentioned, the rear stops are already fully screwed in and in fact don't actually seem to contact the plastic stop pads.

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
The hood fit is actually pretty good, with equal gaps all round - including with the wiper door grille. This wider shot may show the problem a little more clearly ....

View attachment 3387

The door itself seems canted up at the rear. I'm wondering if there's an adjustment that allows the door to be rotated downwards relative to the mechanism?
As I mentioned, the rear stops are already fully screwed in and in fact don't actually seem to contact the plastic stop pads.
I don't have this feature on my C3, but I believe that the wiper door is vacuum operated(?).I've just had similar issues with my headlights not going up/ down properly due to vacuum leak. Could be worth checking. Some vids on YouTube to help.