C3's on the up?

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
err no
Who ever fitted those exhaust tips needs kicking.

Originally War Bonnet Yellow.

Maybe just an illusion but the rear wheels don't look centred and that ride height o_O

Painted over egg crates.

Hard pass

antijam

CCCUK Member
Me neither. Certainly not original and hardly a convincing restomod. On the plus side, maybe the clock works? ;)

antijam

CCCUK Member
A classic case of spending more money on a car restoration than you'll ever be able to recoup. Last owner apparently bought the car from the present seller (so I'm guessing he didn't pay peanuts) and then spent more than £68,500 with CK . Hagerty values a Concours Condition 1 original car at less than half the asking price - and this isn't original in several respects. Be interesting to see if it sells. I guess it'd be worth even less in the States where they place more value on full matching number resto's or properly executed restomods.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
A classic case of spending more money on a car restoration than you'll ever be able to recoup. Last owner apparently bought the car from the present seller (so I'm guessing he didn't pay peanuts) and then spent more than £68,500 with CK . Hagerty values a Concours Condition 1 original car at less than half the asking price - and this isn't original in several respects. Be interesting to see if it sells. I guess it'd be worth even less in the States where they place more value on full matching number resto's or properly executed restomods.

Holy crap that is nuts! Who hand painted the emblems and made such a nasty job of them?

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
err no

Maybe just an illusion but the rear wheels don't look centred and that ride height o_O

Painted over egg crates.

Hard pass

Also lazy job of installing the sparkplug wires, they need the spacers and heat socks due to the heat from those headers
Also, this hoses need better routing

1971top.jpg

Roscobbc

That retailer certainly puts significant prices on his cars. If he gets within £20k of his advertised price it'll help all of us on here with C3's perhaps establish better and mote realistic values when we come to sell them.

richie500

CCCUK Member
You can buy this for £75K all in from the states
Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 18.45.22.png

I cant get my head round spending £68.5K on at best a 7/10 car, i would expect perfection or near it for that price as its only originally a standard 350.
I suppose we all get carried away with our cars and possibly spend far too much on them. I have had work done at CK and the one thing they do well is manage your expectations in terms of how much things cost so its down to the owner how much they sink into a car. Its almost like being a bad gambler not knowing when to quit.

Roscobbc

We wouldn't be having the same conversation if the car in question had been a C2......and at that price there could still be the same discussions relating to non original engine, transmission and other components......long live C3's

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
err no

Painted over egg crates.

Hard pass
Ha ha , my tips were like that when it arrived from the states, i had to move them in sn inch and a bit as they just looked wrong wrong wrong 👍

Letank

CCCUK Member
The guys selling this do seem to price very high. Would be interesting to know what their cars really sell for.

Expensive CK restoration or not, it is a non numbers matching, wrong colour car with some poor finishing details.

Sort some of those details out and I guess £35-40k wouldn’t be unreasonable but it’s literally up for double what I would expect.

The same seller previously had a grey 72 LT1 up for over £52k. Whilst it looked ok in the pics, I saw it in the flesh at the NEC Classic Car show and I probably wouldn’t have given half for that either.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Also lazy job of installing the sparkplug wires, they need the spacers and heat socks due to the heat from those headers
Also, this hoses need better routing

View attachment 17964

At least they managed to replicate the awful factory paint finish c/w lumps, bumps, runs and swirl marks. Takes a talented painter with a long nap roller and an hour or two

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
You can buy this for £75K all in from the states
View attachment 17965

I cant get my head round spending £68.5K on at best a 7/10 car, i would expect perfection or near it for that price as its only originally a standard 350.
I suppose we all get carried away with our cars and possibly spend far too much on them. I have had work done at CK and the one thing they do well is manage your expectations in terms of how much things cost so its down to the owner how much they sink into a car. Its almost like being a bad gambler not knowing when to quit.

That's how my yellow LT-1 started out life in Ontario Orange. I did consider trying to go back to it but it's difficult to get right with just the right amount of fire mist. Without it becomes a rather dull orange. Well that and the ridiculous quotes to paint it were £30k :LOL::LOL: That's exactly the moment when I started to like yellow