C3's on the up?

Roscobbc

The guys selling this do seem to price very high. Would be interesting to know what their cars really sell for.

Expensive CK restoration or not, it is a non numbers matching, wrong colour car with some poor finishing details.

Sort some of those details out and I guess £35-40k wouldn’t be unreasonable but it’s literally up for double what I would expect.

The same seller previously had a grey 72 LT1 up for over £52k. Whilst it looked ok in the pics, I saw it in the flesh at the NEC Classic Car show and I probably wouldn’t have given half for that either.
Wondered about that one!

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
That's how my yellow LT-1 started out life in Ontario Orange. I did consider trying to go back to it but it's difficult to get right with just the right amount of fire mist. Without it becomes a rather dull orange. Well that and the ridiculous quotes to paint it were £30k :LOL::LOL: That's exactly the moment when I started to like yellow
That's how my yellow LT-1 started out life in Ontario Orange. I did consider trying to go back to it but it's difficult to get right with just the right amount of fire mist. Without it becomes a rather dull orange. Well that and the ridiculous quotes to paint it were £30k :LOL::LOL: That's exactly the moment when I started to like yellow
Where do i find the advert for this? 👍

Letank

CCCUK Member
Here’s their previous ad for the same car:

1971 Chevrolet Corvette

Unfortunately no price though.

Apart from the steering wheel and seat covers it’s not obvious to see where the rest of the £68k has gone. It just goes to show how much it can cost to sort all the bits you can’t see on these cars.

This is why I’d always recommend people who want a nice car to buy the best they can afford rather than a doer upper.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Here’s their previous ad for the same car:

1971 Chevrolet Corvette

Unfortunately no price though.

Apart from the steering wheel and seat covers it’s not obvious to see where the rest of the £68k has gone. It just goes to show how much it can cost to sort all the bits you can’t see on these cars.

This is why I’d always recommend people who want a nice car to buy the best they can afford rather than a doer upper.
£25 on paint

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
thanks for the link👍Well, I have had a good look at the photos , no denying the amount of work done and you can see how the bills mount up when you are paying someones labour charges. Imagine how many hours have gone in to the restoration. It will probably never be worth what it has cost to do. When you buy your own parts and do the work yourself you add up the parts cost but overlook the labour. A good thing as otherwise many of these projects would never see completion. The father snd son team in the US who restored my 72 said it took 18000 dollars in parts and a thousand hours. The paint job is not a pro one but probably a5k one when you could have spent 10. But it made me appreciate that I got a pretty good deal on mine, landed here, duties paid for a tad over 26k gbp.for a completely gone through car , with body off restoration done6years and 4000 miles ago. Still plenty of little tweeks and a big job requiring trans removal to do but thats what I wanted, something I could fettle and improve over time without having to do major resto of all systems. I dont thinks there is a lot to be made if I wanted to sell but hopefully it will gradually increase in line with similar classics. The garages seem to buy them as cheap as possible and then mark them up at inflated prices hoping to find someone with deep pockets who just D382F030-2C91-4C69-B600-130E6213E053.jpeg27D734B2-8F09-4739-8E6F-5B00C9329C82.jpeg27D734B2-8F09-4739-8E6F-5B00C9329C82.jpeg27D734B2-8F09-4739-8E6F-5B00C9329C82.jpegFFB857F5-0E7B-4532-8D16-380C65B575D0.jpeg6EBC3F4D-AA27-4EF8-BB5E-65FFAA1CAEF1.jpegHas to have it. So glad to have come across the advert for mine when i did. 😁
8A4EDA20-3B53-4F29-9D29-EA7D1939EC8B.jpegFBCA67D4-0823-4C97-882C-F7F3340AE71A.jpegFBCA67D4-0823-4C97-882C-F7F3340AE71A.jpeg