C4 1984 ECM replacement

Chris Wright

New user
Hi,

Does anybody know where to obtain a replacement engine ECM for a 1984 manual transmission car. Mine needs repair/replacement and struggling to find one at reasonable cost if available. Part number 1226430. Failing that a good electronic diagram of the circuitry would aid fault finding/repair if anybody can help? Would be much appreciated. Thanks all.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
The problem with the C4s ECM is being mounted high in engine bay so hot air raises and being in the left corner by firewall
there was no airflow so the ECM cooks
The motherboard is multi layered and over time in that high heat the layers start coming apart, ruining the ECM and cannot be repaired

Here is one on Ebay
84 ECM

Few more
1984 ECM

Few more
84 Vette ECM

Chris Wright

New user
Thanks for the info and links. In the 84 the ecm is behind the dash high up on the passenger (RH) side. It looks to be moisture damage over years as there is light corrosion etc. there is a least one capacitor that I know is damaged (I have electronics experience but I can't identify the type and rating of the capacitor to further test. Not sure which way to go yet. RockAuto had one on stock two days ago before I had finished fault finding for very reasonable money but tonight they show No Stock. The rest seem expensive when you have to add taxes and shipping...... Thanks again.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I should have remembered that as I had a 1984 during 85-86
Hope you find one local to you, so it is cheaper in cost and easier to obtain