C4 Wiper Control Module - SOS

CDC

Busy user
Good morning. I am looking for a C4 wiper control module for my 1990 ZR1. It would appear that nowhere in the US has one as I have checked all the main parts suppliers. No one in the UK has one either, or if they do I cannot find it. Corvette Central will next have them in September. I believe the motor is fine and having tested it all with a multimeter it would appear it's the control module at fault. I know the solder breaks down over time and with the C4 one you can't seem to get at the top of the circuit board, only the back so i don't see how you could touch up the solder.

Would anyone here happen to know of one for sale?

Thanks

Charlie

Last edited:

CDC

Busy user
Here's a used one in US/on Ebay, but seller may not ship to UK? Think that's what you are looking for/GM/OE Part number 22101362?

Thanks but would rather avoid used. They are all 30 yrs old now so chances are it will fail like mine.

Ray Quayle

CCCUK Member
I checked my garage and have new new motors. One has the control board fitted. Trouble is, I can’t find my original motor. Until I do, I don’t want to let the only board I have go. I’ll have a further root around tomorrow and let you know if the one new board I have is available.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
If yours is definitely broken is it worth trying to drill the plastic posts out that hold the board to the cover?

Ray Quayle

CCCUK Member
Can’t find my original wiper motor, but I’m willing to send you the new board I have for you to test and use until you get a replacement and you can send it to me. Let me know what you want to do.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
I know the solder breaks down over time and with the C4 one you can't seem to get at the top of the circuit board, only the back so i don't see how you could touch up the solder.

I'm confused. Photo 4 in the Ebay used one ad above shows the circuit board? No? Here's a guy doing a fix on a circuit board:

Rob59C1

Administrator
Hi, As you own a Vette why not join the CCCUK.
For less than the price of a tank of gas you get full membership which opens up other areas of this website and makes club meets and many other benefits available to you.
You would also receive our top quality mag Vette News every other month keeping you up to date with all things Corvette.
Information on all the benefits and how to join, can be found under the tab “About The CCCUK”