C5 useless headlights

Slick

Well-known user
Have any C5 owners upgraded the headlights......... mine appear bright when pointed at a wall but hopeless driving it in the dark

Eurovettes

Supporting vendor
100w bulbs can make a difference - if they are the US 9005/9006 headlights - or the H4 UK spec glass headlights can takea 100/80.
I have previosly replaced the headlights with "Eagle eye" units - not bad but are designed for US roads - beam is not the best - but itsa cheaper light option than HID conversions

Slick

Well-known user
100w bulbs can make a difference - if they are the US 9005/9006 headlights - or the H4 UK spec glass headlights can takea 100/80.
I have previosly replaced the headlights with "Eagle eye" units - not bad but are designed for US roads - beam is not the best - but itsa cheaper light option than HID conversions
Can you supply a HID conversion for US headlights on a (now_ UK car ?

97BlackC5

CCCUK Member
Hi, guys if you do come up with a workable solution to 'brighter' headlights can you post the details on here, as I am sure there would be a few other C5 owners interested in any solution that could be recommended.

Slick

Well-known user
Hi, guys if you do come up with a workable solution to 'brighter' headlights can you post the details on here, as I am sure there would be a few other C5 owners interested in any solution that could be recommended.
I shall be trying different bulbs......100w halogen , then LED and if I'm still not impressed I'll try a complete HID setup , a bit too busy to make a start just yet though. I shall post my impressions on the forum so hopefully some C5 owners may find it usefull

Firepit

Well-known user
Have any C5 owners upgraded the headlights......... mine appear bright when pointed at a wall but hopeless driving it in the dark
I’m the same! I did buy upgraded bulbs from the USA only to find that the European car uses different bulbs. That was mildly annoying :) tbh I don’t drive it outside of summer shows so I just left it. Good luck though.

BlackC7

New user
Have you checked the voltage at the headlight. A friend found there was a huge voltage drop and installed another feed via a relay, there's a kit available just can't recall who supplied it.