C6 In A Single UK Garage??

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
My gut feeling is it would be a tight squeeze at best, but can anyone advise if the C6 fits in a standard UK single garage? :unsure:
Thank you. (y)

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Think that's a 2 part question? i.e. 1) Will it go in and 2) Will you/the driver be able to get out/into the car (comfortably?) when it's in there? ;)

The answer to 2) obviously depends on how big you are. I have a "dumb" single width/double length garage. Had no problem getting the "base" (not GS/Z06) C6 in width wise (passenger side mirror folded back). A bit tight getting out of the car, but no problem as I'm pretty slim. Should be an OK fit (single) length wise? You can buy a "Window Valet" for the C6 to enable you to get into and out of the car with the windows down. Works off the key fob. Makes it a bit easier.

I'd still check the actual dimensions of the entrance door & garage with the cars dimensions though, just to make sure that it will work?

Last edited:

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Many thanks.
I knew exiting would be a limbo from my previous C6 which I fitted a "Window Valet" to when I had a carport, but I wasn't sure if it would fit getting through the garage door frame. (y)

Trevorfm

Regular user
In my opinion a C6 would just fit in a modern single garage, but it would be impossible to open the door wide enough to get in and out even with the seat fully back.
If in doubt just take it to a carpark and park between two cars and see how easy it is to get in and out of the door

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
My garage is part of a modern detatched house & is 212 x 75 inches at the door aperture. My C3 is 182x70 so just passed through the door, & the walls open out a few inches either side so I can get out. The C3 been narrower in the centre, a la coke bottle.
A C6 is 175 x 75, so is too wide to pass through my garage door. I think a Z06 is wider. Hope that helps. Steve.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
That's why I suggested GCorvette checked the dimensions of the garage & door with the car. 2134mm (84 inches) and 2271mm (89 inches) wide are common single width door sizes. Wide enough to get your C6 (or C7 Stingray) through. Works for me.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Done some measuring. My garage door is 84 inches (7ft) wide, so getting C6 or C7 through (passenger mirror folded back) is no problem (C6 -72.62 inches wide excluding mirrors/C7 - 73.9 inches wide excluding mirrors). My garage is 94 inches (7ft 10inch) wide. Getting out of/into the cars is "tight." Didn't have a Window Valet on the C6, but got one for the slightly wider C7 to make it a bit easier.

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Thanks for the replies and measurements, they have helped.
This was 81" at the door.

It was between two properties and only one with a garage which it obviously won't fit in so...it looks like my C6 is going to have to continue to live outside

Thank you everyone.

Roscobbc

Reminds me of when I had a AMC Javelin in a council garage - would hang crucially placed tennis ball from the roof close as close the door as the up'n'over mechanism would allow. Would align and drive the car so just the nose was in the garage with all window shut (and close to the wall on the passenger side) then push the car in and squeeze down the side and lean forward on one leg to use the key in the door. Getting the car out was a simple reversal of the above...............

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Hi folks - thought I'd add a little onto this thread. Just returned home with my new car (new to me anyway), a C6 Grand Sport in Torch Red and have to reverse down my driveway and under the carport in order to exit from the drivers door. Tight fit and had approximately 3cms each side.........phew! Lovin' the motor though ;) (y)

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Hi folks - thought I'd add a little onto this thread. Just returned home with my new car (new to me anyway), a C6 Grand Sport in Torch Red and have to reverse down my driveway and under the carport in order to exit from the drivers door. Tight fit and had approximately 3cms each side.........phew! Lovin' the motor though ;) (y)
Congratulations - Enjoy!
Look forward to seeing some photos. 👍

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Think there's something wrong with the car.........everywhere I've driven today people are stopping and staring at it? It's either bits are falling off it or the driver's bloomin good looking (or maybe its my gorgeous wife in the passenger seat hey?)

Vettemike09

Committee Member
That is a picture I took today of my C6 in a standard UK garage. Since I put an electric door on I don’t have to fold in the mirrors but on the old “up and over” door that had wooden post inside the brickwork so I had to fold the mirrors..... hope this helps 👍