C6 MODIFIED STANDARD EXHAUSTS – louder than stock. GOING FREE

Rich

Administrator
C6 MODIFIED STANDARD EXHAUSTS – louder than stock
spacer.gif

THESE ARE OFFERED FREE TO ANY CCCUK MEMBER

Axle back exhaust silencer boxes for C6. Both sides - part numbers 397347 and 397348

Good for C6 (not Z06 or ZR1) up to around 2010. Around that time I believe an additional 5 degree bend was added to the driver’s side X pipe but these boxes will fit the later models with a little adjustment as I had the same part numbers fitted on my UK Spec 2013 Grand Sport. You will need to check what silencer part numbers your car has. Good condition.

The boxes are used and have been modified to provide more sound. A common modification, details of which can be found here:

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-disc...

As they have never been re-fitted I can’t comment on how loud they are, but they must be worth a punt.

Includes new Manifold to X Pipe seals (GM part number 12555555) as removal of the X Pipe makes installation easier.

They are in the way, so are offered free to any CCCUK Member. Will need collecting from Bournemouth.

Please contact me if interested.

Last edited:

gavinfdavies

Well-known user
Hi, are these still available? Just collected my first C6 and the after market pipe it has just drones, like two normal cars driving next to each other 😕

Rich

Administrator
Hi Gavin. Yes they are and they are yours if you'd like them. We just need to work out the logistics.

gavinfdavies

Well-known user
Great! I think I sent you a PM last night. If you send me a collection address I’ll see if I can get my brother to collect them, he works in the Bournemouth area. He did say that he was wondering what to get me for christmas.....! 😋

gavinfdavies

Well-known user
I’ll try to do a before and after comparison with a good microphone. Did you run them with x pipes or two seperates? Currently mine is the latter.

Rich

Administrator
I’ll try to do a before and after comparison with a good microphone. Did you run them with x pipes or two seperates? Currently mine is the latter.
I didn't fit them as the factory exhausts on my UK Spec LS3 were welded by GM as they used the old boxes on a slightly different X pipe. You should have received the X pipe gaskets but these are for the standard set up.