C6 Ricer Rat

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
This C6 Corvette convertible owned by a moron that is ripping out the power and drivetrains in favor of a little bitty heavily modified riceball Honda K24 2.4-liter four-cylinder.

Size really doesn’t matter they claim in this case as the Honda engine has upgrades like forged rods and pistons, a closed deck block, and 11:1 compression ratio, along with a 67mm turbocharger with dual ceramic ball bearings.

Unruly Motorsports in Georgia says the engine produced a whopping 828 horsepower on 20 psi of boost in a previous build, but he hopes to modify it even more to send 900 horsepower through the rear wheels of this silver C6. And will wonder when this F’er will blow to hell

The Corvette’s stock transaxle will be removed and replaced with a two-speed Powerglide, the drag racer’s transmission, and a conventional driveshaft instead of the torque tube.
The heavy stock seats will be removed and replaced with lighter versions, and they also plan to reduce weight even further by yanking out unnecessary things within the dash.
Because the modified Honda engine turns out to be a lot more powerful than the stock 430 horsepower Chevy V8 while weighing a lot less (318 pounds compared to 488 pounds),

Prescott hopes the modified ‘Vette will be able to run the quarter-mile in the high six-second range.

They hope to take the car straight to the dyno when they’re finished, hopefully by next year’s Hot Rod Drag Week,

and then joke that they plan to “beat the piss” out of it to see which breaks first, the engine or the transmission.

Ricerat.jpg

Roscobbc

So how does a two speed Powerglide work on a 4 banger supposed 828 hp (but virtually zero torque) work with 20 psi of boost and a power band of probably 5000 to 8000 rpm...........

Fishy Dave

CCCUK Member
Not my thing at all, but I admire the work that goes in to making this work. Having owned a car with an engine transplant (Lotus Elise with an Audi turbo engine) I vowed never to do it again. It upset the handling balance, had heat management problems, access issues (things in the way of service parts) and the wiring was a 'mare.I love lots of things about my C6, but if it came with a 4 cylinder turbo I wouldn't have given it another look. A Corvette should have a V8 (apologies to any early C1 owners).