C6 TPMS sensors

Milanm10

CCCUK Member
Was wondering if anyone can help I have a 2008 C6 wide body and need new sensors but don’t know the frequency ie would it be US spec or not. Or if anyone has any for sale that would fit.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Have you just bought the car? If it's a US spec/import car (no headlight washers), you will need the US frequency sensors. I have a set of sensors (433mhz) for a UK/Euro spec car for sale:

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Go to Quickfitor similar tyre fitters, they will be able to fit one without blinking, even US spec ones.
Have you done that on a C6/How much? Kwik Fit is telling me that prices for new sensors (programmed and fitted (not specifically on a C6)) start at £80 each (£320 for 4).

Blackzed

CCCUK Member
I did yes, up to a point. I was in the same boat and bought one and then asked them to fit it. They asked why I didn't ask them to supply and fit, I told them I didn't know that they supplied them.
Anyway they fitted mine for free, I already programmed it myself, just put it on the tyre and used the programmer.
I will say £80ea sounds a bit steep.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
I did yes, up to a point. I was in the same boat and bought one and then asked them to fit it. They asked why I didn't ask them to supply and fit, I told them I didn't know that they supplied them.
Anyway they fitted mine for free, I already programmed it myself, just put it on the tyre and used the programmer.
I will say £80ea sounds a bit steep.
Did you actually buy a universal sensor and program it for a C6, or is the programmer you mention just the tool you need to relearn new (programed) sensors to the car?

Blackzed

CCCUK Member
Bought the programmer from Amazon, as per pic and bought the sensor from Autodoc as per the invoice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211104-180640.png
    Screenshot_20211104-180640.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0586.JPG
    DSC_0586.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 6