C6 Z51 to C6 Grand Sport or C7 Stingray?

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
I'm considering my options Corvette wise for the next 12-18 months and may make several changes.

Among them, I am considering moving from my 2007 LS2 C6 Z51 to either, a 2012 Grand Sport or a early(ish) C7 from around 2015-2016.
If I do all I hope, I'm not sure my budget would allow a C7 Z51, so it would be to Stingray.

Has anyone here made either of these moves and would care to jump in with feedback?
Specifically looking at gains, losses, bang for buck and the all important, reliability factors.

Thanks in advance.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
If I do all I hope, I'm not sure my budget would allow a C7 Z51, so it would be to Stingray.
All UK/Euro spec C7 Stingrays have the Z51 option as standard, as well as the Magnetic Ride Control. Most are the "fully loaded" 3LT spec cars. Only know of one UK spec 2LT car. The only difference between 2LT and 3LT on UK/Euro spec cars is that 3LTs have Nappa as opposed to Mulan leather, and some extra sueded microfibre in the upper interior/headlining. Personally, I wouldn't buy a US spec Stingray without the Z51. UK/Euro spec cars are all manuals for 2014/15, the 8 speed Auto being available from 2016.

Used prices for early (very) low mileage 2014/15 UK (manual) cars seem pretty rock solid (if you can find one). Been early £40k with dealers for years. Yes, I've done the 2007 LS2 C6 Z51 to C7 Stingray move. Both have "bullett proof" reliability & "cheap as chips" running costs. Both great/great looking cars.

Last edited: