C7 Advise please

T

Taz

Hi Peoples …I’m considering buying this C7 Corvette 2015 Chevrolet Corvette C7 6.2 Stingray | eBay and the person selling doesn’t know if it has a COC Certificate of Conformity ? The reason I ask is I would like to take a Corvette out to Spain and I believe it is needed out there to register etc…best wishes and MTIA Tony

Stingray

CCCUK Member
No, it almost certainly doesn't. That car is a US import, identified by,
Smaller door mirrors.
Added side indicators.
If you want a working satnav, make sure you check for it.

That particular car is a base specification Corvette, a model not sold in Europe. Base spec is identified by,
Smaller rear spoiler
Smaller brakes
It will have a wet sump engine. Euro cars are all dry sump Z51 cars and will also have functional vents upper rear for added transmission cooler).
(The ad doesn't mention whether the interior trim is LT1, LT2 or LT3. 1 is base and 3 is top. all Euro cars are LT3.)
This link has a full description from about 3 mins 30 sec,

None of these things should be a problem provided you understand what you're buying.

I've previously been told US cars can be imported directly to Spain so presumably COC isn't necessarily required. However, I can't vouch for this and you would need to check locally.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Hi Peoples …I’m considering buying this C7 Corvette 2015 Chevrolet Corvette C7 6.2 Stingray | eBay and the person selling doesn’t know if it has a COC Certificate of Conformity ? The reason I ask is I would like to take a Corvette out to Spain and I believe it is needed out there to register etc…best wishes and MTIA Tony
If you look at Autoscout Espagne right now, the 3 (Bloody Expensive) C7s for sale look like US spec cars, so obviously looks like they can be brought in. What the procedures are, tests/mods etc needed I do not know.
Corvette C7 segunda mano comprar en AutoScout24
But note that if you manged to find/buy a UK supplied/spec car, the CoC will say it is certified for Left Hand Rule of Road (i.e. Drive on the Left). A Euro mainland supplied/spec car CoC should say it is certified for RH Rule of Road.