C7 Lambo doors

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Tight fit in garage?/What year is your C7? I bought a Top Down Tech "Window Valet" from MidAmerica off Ebay (£164 delivered). Available for 2014-17 C7s. Plugs into diagnostics port. So can put drivers (and passenger) window(s) down and up from outside the car using the key fob. Makes it easier getting in and out in my tight fit garage, as only have to squeeze past door, not door and window.

Last edited:

monty

CCCUK regional rep
I looked at the possibility of doing the very same thing on my C7 Z06 , i do like the look of the lambo door configuration and it would be something different that does not look like a kit car addition. The kit i thought of getting was from the USA made by Vertical Doors Inc, these kits are bolt on and it can all be reversed back to the original if required at a later date. Why have i not done mine?, the answer is i can not find a reputable company that does this type conversions in the UK (although i am sure someone must do this conversion) and i am not confident of doing it on my own even though my mechanical skills are more than adequate. I am sure if my car was an old banger then i would attempt it but getting it wrong on a C7 Z06 could result in lots of £££££££ to put right.

Largelunchbox

CCCUK Member
Tight fit in garage?/What year is your C7? I bought a Top Down Tech "Window Valet" from MidAmerica off Ebay (£164 delivered). Available for 2014-17 C7s. Plugs into diagnostics port. So can put drivers (and passenger) window(s) down and up from outside the car using the key fob. Makes it easier getting in and out in my tight fit garage, as only have to squeeze past door, not door and window.

Interesting, mine was registered March 18 but not sure if that means it’s a 17 or 18 ?

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Check the 10th digit of the VIN code. 2014 to 2016 model years are E to G, 2017 is H (definite). So a 2018 model year should be "I"

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
I looked at the possibility of doing the very same thing on my C7 Z06 , i do like the look of the lambo door configuration and it would be something different that does not look like a kit car addition. The kit i thought of getting was from the USA made by Vertical Doors Inc, these kits are bolt on and it can all be reversed back to the original if required at a later date. Why have i not done mine?, the answer is i can not find a reputable company that does this type conversions in the UK (although i am sure someone must do this conversion) and i am not confident of doing it on my own even though my mechanical skills are more than adequate. I am sure if my car was an old banger then i would attempt it but getting it wrong on a C7 Z06 could result in lots of £££££££ to put right.
Monty try Custom Exotics in Harlow they have them on their C5 and most possibly not the only ones they have done - These boys are out and out perfectionists

PhilV8

CCCUK Member

Got one of those on my C5, really makes a difference