C7

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Many thanks!
I reckon a manual but not set on that if the right spec came up. If it’s close or not far off I’m very interested but will probably look more into once sold.
Forgive me as am new, do u do vette up grades and mods?
The Scottish Borders where I live are narrow roads with police vans around so I don’t get to unleash the z06s power all the time so if the c7 is not to far off it would be fine.
But my annual NC500 trip round Scotland I would want similar performance.
Think the c7 would be so much more smoother with still the thrills. 🤔

Your Welcome Simon

It is common here in USA that Corvette owners do mods such as different CAM, Headers, Porting the heads,
adding turbo, superchargers, different type of wheels and tires, etc
I do is custom tuning the engine management (PCM) Powertrain Control Module so when owners do those mods
I then make custom changes to the calibration so mods work well with engine to gain horsepower and torque

I would think when your hauling ass around your country selecting either the "Sport" or "Track" settings would enhance how
the C7 handles cornering and hill changes.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I wonder how many C7's as compared with C6's (especially Z06's) have caught the drivers out with 'on the edge' traction/yaw control etc. When the C6 variants were relatively new a seemingly disproportionate number of Z06's went 'off the road' in slippery conditions. When I drove one of the first 8 speed auto C7's on wet and poor surfaced winter roads I was very impressed with the 'nanny' systems on the car - so good as to be almost undetectable and allowing full bore driving without the lags and gaps of lesser cars. C7 - a woefully underestimated car IMHO.

Some of that is the smart asses who think they are better then the controllers in Corvettes like the ETBCM for traction control and ABS
where they are selecting track mode or turning off TQ/ABS altogether and car gets away from them

Good too see the C7s has several drive styles that can be selected so safer for the hot shots.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
I wouldn't rely on the electronics to keep a C7 out of trouble. Once the laws of physics get involved things tend to carry on going in the direction they're already headed!
Perhaps Sir Isaac Newton was a Corvette owner?

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Been talking to Keith at Eurovettes over the last few days. Keith is offering a service that includes all the components of the ShipMyCar deal "and" will find a car for you to your desired "spec." The $Price + 5% = £Price to your door does work, but only at a specific "price point" on more expensive cars. The "+% decreases inversely with the price of the car, due to the "fixed cost" elements. e.g. shipping (exc. insurance) is the same for a $100k car as it is for a $50k car.

For the $49k car I was looking at above, the "+%" is 10%.

helipilot

Regular user
OK, looking at the breakdown most of the costs are similar to mine. My car is in Virginia so not far from Norfolk port. Ohio is quite a trek until you get to water (that's why I looked for an East Coast car, but in the scheme of things not that much extra). Your quote also includes road tax, reg fee etc which are all extra as doing this myself.
The duty is charged on the car, shipping and insurance. The VAT is charged on the total cost of the car, shipping, insurance and duty. Your duty and VAT figures may be a little low if my understanding is correct.
For the IVA side repeaters I don't think they will work in the reflectors on the front of a GS or Z06 due to the flared wheel arches. the manual states they must be visible from a minimum of 5 degrees from the rear of the car. I will check when it arrives as this may be a nice solution, but I don't think it will work for me.
If anyone has done this on a Z06 or GS please let me know.
I was going to mount black smoked LED's on the side vent area's behind the front wheel, as ultimately these items are cheaper to replace than drilling a front wing.
For the rear fog, I have found a company who manufacture LED rear reflectors based on the original GM reflector parts which can be used as additional brake lights. The manual states that for North American cars, if the fog does not have a Euro marking it can still pass if the intensity is correct so fingers crossed this will be a very neat finish. If not, hideous fog lamp at the back !
I was thinking about buying Euro wing mirrors with side repeaters in until I found out the price was £800 each.
Finally I used TransferWise to make the USD payment, they are much cheaper than banks, charge a fee but you get dollars at the spot rate not the banks buy and sell rate. This was a great plan only destroyed by the dealer who would not accept an "ACH" payment (this is the US equivalent of our BACS I have subsequently found out). They will only accept a wire transfer, so back to the bank I had to go. None of the cheaper transfer companies appear to use wire, they all use ACH. Apparently in the case of fraud an ACH payment can be returned for up to 60 days, by which time the car will be out of the country. This happened to the dealership 10 years ago with a Camaro and they lost the car and money. If you know someone in the US, use a transfer company to move the dollars to them and ask them to make the wire payment for you.
I imported my own C7 Z06 through Ship My Car. I had them put the side repeater as as small LED within the 0 of the Z06 badge on the front wing so you can hardly see it at all (see my profile picture). The fog light they added uses half of the high level brake light so no unsightly additions to the rear. All passed IVA fine.

UKBeancounter

Committee Member
I imported my own C7 Z06 through Ship My Car. I had them put the side repeater as as small LED within the 0 of the Z06 badge on the front wing so you can hardly see it at all (see my profile picture). The fog light they added uses half of the high level brake light so no unsightly additions to the rear. All passed IVA fine.
Thanks for this. I have been looking at various pictures of the US cars in the UK to see what side repeater solutions people have used. In the end I have decided to swap out the mirrors for Euro spec ones. Ecklers are selling these for $599 a pair, much cheaper than Parts USA here in the UK. They do need painting however.

helipilot

Regular user
Thanks for this. I have been looking at various pictures of the US cars in the UK to see what side repeater solutions people have used. In the end I have decided to swap out the mirrors for Euro spec ones. Ecklers are selling these for $599 a pair, much cheaper than Parts USA here in the UK. They do need painting however.
I assume you have checked that the car has a wiring harness that you can just connect them to? I ask because I followed my car through it's build in the factory and was asking the technicians about the the UK lights as I knew I would eventually ship mine back to the UK. I think they implied it was a different harness for the euro spec cars with side repeaters.

UKBeancounter

Committee Member
I assume you have checked that the car has a wiring harness that you can just connect them to? I ask because I followed my car through it's build in the factory and was asking the technicians about the the UK lights as I knew I would eventually ship mine back to the UK. I think they implied it was a different harness for the euro spec cars with side repeaters.
I am sure it is different, but a bit of additional wiring never hurt anyone. I think !!