C8 Article in this weeks Autocar (Colin Goodwin).

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
He likes it (a lot). He'd "rather have this more characterful car over a McLaren, regardless of price." "Has a definite Lotus feel to it in the way it rides and handles." Only thing he doesn't like is the Allegro-style quartic wheel.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
The Americans of course, probably do not know about the furore over the Allegro steering wheel at the time, that some of us are old enough to recall clearly. I'm suprised that it hasn't come up on this side of the Atlantic before... maybe Chevy is actually atracting that younger generation it is hoping for!

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Its a nice article that maybe will be on the web soon (?) Features pics of previous gen Vettes and comments from their owners. He concludes by saying that 20 years ago he would have robbed a bank to get a C8, but today can't see the point of owning a very high performance car, and would be more likely to spend his money on a classic Vette. Designers name for that steering wheel is "squircle". Ian Allan allegedly have a substantial number of orders for RHD cars in 2021 at around (starting?) at £80k.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I heard "Team Corvette" referring to the "Squircle", and the "frunk", both stupid terms that thankfully seem to have disappeared from "official" info now! I keep reading things from reviewers saying how they don't need a high performance car - yet everyone is still making, and selling them! I guess they get handouts from various sources to preach the right Gospel! :)

All I've read indicates that it its a fab car, for a ridiculously good price (even if you do spec it up its still cheap compared to the other cars in the class now). But, I've made my views on a ME car well known, so I won't be on the list for one down at our local deanship in Tours! But I have a couple of friends who have their names down... My 80k would definitely be going on an older Vette now I'm afraid.:)

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Good article in 11 March Autocar, interviewing Aston Martin CEO Andy Palmer about how they are going to get out of the mess they are in, and hoping to become the "British Ferrari" Priorities?

1) "Get to the mid-engined model bloodline" (including Vanquish in 2023)
2) "Bring their 3.0 litre V6 Hybrid and plug-in powertrains into the whole model range ASAP"