C8 Launch Edition for sale

Rich

Administrator
I have just received notification of a red RHD Launch Edition C8 with 200 miles on it for sale at a whopping £119,995. That didn't take long.

We have a Club policy of not promoting cars for sale by non-members so I haven't posted a link, but have posted simply because of the price.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Well done Rich, I wouldn‘t post the link purely because you would be promoting ripping off an enthusiast.
I wouldn’t go so far as using the wording “ripping off”
The selling person in question pulled up his money and purchased the car. If his intention was purely for profit, so be it. He still pulled up. It could have gone the other way, and if he isn’t into Corvettes, he would be lumbered with a depreciating asset.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I would imagine a few will be up for sale in the coming months especially if the waiting list grows. As for pricing, a few will start high, as you can always go down. If you start low, you can’t go up.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
If you think someone is playing a game to high profit selling a C8 in UK
See this crap

A dealer in the USA marketing selling the new 2023 C8 Z06 at GM sticker price next summer
They told people via cyberspace where good way to start a scam, to bank wire $5,000 to dealer to reserve a deposit to get a Z06

Fricking dealer took from 5,500 suckers the $5,000 each, and it will be lucky if GM allows that dealer to get 500 Z06 for 2023 MY

Do the math, the dealer took in millions of dollars and highly unlikely 95% of those suckers will NOT get a Z06 next year or even 3 years down the road :(
and dealer gave them nothing in return at this time

If not bad enough, scumbags wanting to buy multi Z06s and then add $75,000 plus over sticker and sell them
to get ahead of the line of those who put deposits down are giving dealers $30-50K now and then dealer putting them in the front of the line :(

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
If you think someone is playing a game to high profit selling a C8 in UK
See this crap

A dealer in the USA marketing selling the new 2023 C8 Z06 at GM sticker price next summer
They told people via cyberspace where good way to start a scam, to bank wire $5,000 to dealer to reserve a deposit to get a Z06

Fricking dealer took from 5,500 suckers the $5,000 each, and it will be lucky if GM allows that dealer to get 500 Z06 for 2023 MY

Do the math, the dealer took in millions of dollars and highly unlikely 95% of those suckers will NOT get a Z06 next year or even 3 years down the road :(
and dealer gave them nothing in return at this time

If not bad enough, scumbags wanting to buy multi Z06s and then add $75,000 plus over sticker and sell them
to get ahead of the line of those who put deposits down are giving dealers $30-50K now and then dealer putting them in the front of the line :(
Nice business if you can do it.

richie500

CCCUK Member
Unless i win the lottery big then i will never be in a position to buy a C8 even if i wanted one now or in the near future.
I would then only hazard a guess that anyone with enough money to buy a C8 as a toy (lets face it thats all it would be) they are not going to worry about the odd £10K,
before anyone mentions how the rich got rich quote - they are buying a C8 for posing rights so getting a bargain doesn't factor in

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
It will be interesting to see how much they devalue once all the hype has died down, and they are a few years old.

Already starting :

Consumer Reports Names the C8 Corvette to the 10 Least Reliable Cars

The 2022 Chevy Corvette has been ranked as one of the 10 least reliable cars on the market today.

According to non-profit consumer organization Consumer Reports, the 2022 Chevy Corvette was given only a reliability score of 13 out of 100.
The lower the number, the less reliable a vehicle is.

The 13 out of 100 score places the 2022 Chevy Corvette in fifth with regard to Consumer Reports’ 10 Least Reliable Cars list, slotting in between the Chevy Silverado in fourth, which scored 11 out of 100, and the Volvo XC90, which scored 17 out of 100.
The least-reliable vehicle in the list was the 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLE, which scored 5 out of 100.

The Consumer Reports list is based on a “deep dive into the numerous things that can go wrong with a vehicle,” with the organization identifying 17 specific “trouble areas.” These range from smaller issues, like broken trim bits, to bigger issues, like drivetrain repairs.
Each problem is weighted by the severity of the problem, with studied vehicles requiring at least two model years of data to calculate the predicted reliability score.

With regard to the 2022 Chevy Corvette specifically, Consumer Reports identified the engine, transmission, drive system, paint, and trim as potential concern areas.
As a reminder, the 2022 Chevy Corvette C8 Stingray is built atop the mid-engine Y2 platform and is equipped with the naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 LT2 gasoline engine, mounted behind the cabin.
Output is rated at 490 horsepower and 465 pound-feet of torque, all of which is harnesses by an eight-speed dual-clutch transmission from Tremec.

Production takes place at the GM Bowling Green Assembly plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
Per Consumer Reports, pricing for the 2022 Chevy Corvette C8 ranges between $60,900 and $79,850, while estimated fuel returns are set at 12 MPG city, 29 MPG highway, and 19 MPG combined.

While owners and other automotive enthusiasts may be thrilled with the new Corvette, Consumer Reports apparently is so sure, labeling the 6.2-liter LT2 engine, the Tremec dual-clutch eight-speed automatic transmission, drive system, paint, and trim as potential problem areas.

“Our surveys take a deep dive into the numerous things that can go wrong with a vehicle,” Consumer Reports explains on its website.
“We study 17 trouble areas, from nuisances such as squeaky brakes and broken interior trim to major bummers, such as out-of-warranty transmission repairs and trouble with four-wheel-drive systems.”

The non-profit organization then weighs the severity of each issue to create a predicted reliability score for each vehicle, with at least two model years of data available, before calculating the score.