C8 Z06 to pace the NASCAR Daytona 500 This weekend

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Chevy’s new 2023 Corvette Z06 will set the pace and lead NASCAR’s Cup Series racers to the green flag this Sunday, February 19 at 2:30 PM ET with the 65th running of the Great American Race, the Daytona 500.

The Corvette Z06 is armed with the Z07 performance package and wears the full visible carbon fiber aero package.
The Elkhart Lake Blue exterior is paired with a Black full body racing stripe with a gray outline, Black Spider aluminum wheels, and dark stealth crossed flags badges.
Inside, we see the Sky Cool Gray interior with Red seatbelts on what are most likely Competition Sport seats.

As for livery customization, the “Great American Race” decals are mounted on the doors with “OFFICE PACE CAR” under the logos.
There is a faded gray graphic along the bottom that grows taller under the side scoops and then fades into what I bet are tiny cross flag logos.

021623_17b.jpg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Unlike the Indianapolis (Indy) 500 pace cars, very few Daytona 500 pace car replicas are made for sale to the general public. Shame because I think they like the Indy replicas would sell.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Not directly on topic but Chevy and “world’s great races” related I see that Chevy are planning to run a full-on NASCAR at this year’s Le Mans 24 as the wild card entry. Headlamps and other minor modifications will be needed to make it to the race. It’s as yet unclear what handicap the organisers may apply to deal with “balance of power”.

For what it’s worth the latest NASCAR is far more of a modern race car than previous generations and well suited for road courses.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Not directly on topic but Chevy and “world’s great races” related I see that Chevy are planning to run a full-on NASCAR at this year’s Le Mans 24 as the wild card entry. Headlamps and other minor modifications will be needed to make it to the race. It’s as yet unclear what handicap the organisers may apply to deal with “balance of power”.

For what it’s worth the latest NASCAR is far more of a modern race car than previous generations and well suited for road courses.
Jenson Button, Mike Rockenfeller and Jimmie Johnson are driving.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor

Have to wait how bad, and I assure will happen as they BOP the hell out of the Garage56 Camaro

I doubt Rick Hendricks is building the car and race program to go over there to lie down for the Eurosnobs

I question using Johnson, he became a loser late in his NASCAR days and not won a race in anything he has done since
Hell, he just barely got enough speed in Camaro to just make running the Daytona 500 this weekend and allowed a wetback
rear ended him during races yesterday