C8R for Le Mans?

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Two Corvettes entered for this years 24 Hours.

Still can't get used to seeing Nick Tandy included in the Vettes drivers!

For those who haven't noticed, the dates of the race were put back to 21st and 22nd August. Quite what the spectator situation will be by then we don't yet know, and no ticketing info is available yet. No doubt the ACO will not want a repetition of last year, when they refunded what must have amounted to thousands of Euros to the fans who were not allowed to attend. (Kudos to the ACO incidentally, who got our refund to us in about 6 days!)

If we are able to attend this year it will certainly be "different" - all our friends on the team have retired!

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Have AM pulled out of top flight GT racing?

Yep! No budget apparently. There was talk of the Valkyrie project, but I don't really know what's happening there - I have no interest in the hypercars that the ACO is obsessed with.....

I was actually surprised to see two Porsches, as we were led to believe that they had also pulled out of WEC/ACO events. IMSA has wisely decided that its GT class will be GT3 based from 2022 and the ACO should have gone down that route years ago.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Guess AM are spending all their money on F1 coz that worked out so well for them last time round!