Calling all C2 Corvettes

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
This is an important Event for Sunday June 2nd 2019 at our Breakfast Club Meet, we want as many C2s (63 to 67, Coupes or Convertibles, small blocks or big blocks) to attend as possible – This invitation is opened up to cover all the CCCUK regions. All Vettes welcome C2s and all other Vettes, we hope to see and hear the rumble of C2s coming from far and wide.

The Venue is the Punchbowl, Rising Lane, Lapworth, Warwickshire (B94 6HR)

The Punchbowl Lapworth – Lapworth Restaurant, Rooms & Bar

Should you wish to stay the night before, the Punchbowl has boutique rooms available, normally £95 per room per night including Breakfast, but ask for Olivier and mention the Corvette Club for a £80 special Corvette Club rate.

The Punchbowl is an impressive venue with fine food and excellent parking and is very well situated for the M6, M42 and M40 and not too far from the M5 corridor.

Please post on here or send me a PM via the “Inbox” if you are coming, so I can let the Punchbowl know the numbers and address the seating arrangements so we are all seated together and like wise the Vette Parking.

All Vette heads and Partners welcome even if you are without a Vette.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Just out of interest Barry, is there a significance in wanting C2s that I've missed - an anniversary or something?

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Hi Stephen, no not an anniversary, but C2s are reasonably rare and special, I would have started with the C1s, even more rare but very low numbers and not usually driven long distances and we have no C1s in the Central South Region.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I'll bring mine if I can. :giggle:
Speak to Jack Panzica, over in Maine. He brought his '65 to Europe and toured all over, staying with people he'd "met"on the Corvette Forum, including us. CAr ran virtually perfectly the whole trip, which covered Most of Western Europe. I even got to drive it back from Le Mans after we'd done a lap of teh circuit with a couple of video cameras running.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Hi Stephen, no not an anniversary, but C2s are reasonably rare and special, I would have started with the C1s, even more rare but very low numbers and not usually driven long distances and we have no C1s in the Central South Region.

OK, glad I hadn't missed something important! :D Nice idea, having a "theme". Alas, I doubt I'll make your C3 gathering, if you have one!:D

Corvette

Well-known user
IMG_3401.JPGIMG_3402.JPGIMG_3403.JPGIMG_3404.JPGHi Barry, my C2's are stationary and the other one buried but in moving cars around I found the Daytona Vette article I told you about. Only took 18 months to find. The weird thing is the 132 bus pictured goes right past my front door and the road the Corvette is pictured on is the new in the 80's A2 relief road one mile away.

Last edited:

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Hi Frank, Cheers

Yes Chetin Ramsey, It was done by Corvette Kingdom after mine, I was told It had a frontal before the body change, may not have been a big back window when it started off, but it had an LS7 crate which was the most potent for the day, but too high a compression for our normal pump gas especially now.

I went to see David Moore (one of our co-founders) many moons ago, he had a company called Pipecraft, making bespoke exhaust systems, it was then situated at the rear of a Custom auto shop - I think called Custom Maid in SE London (Wood Green ??) and they had Chetin's Gearbox on display - engraved with his name on the case, he later changed his name when taking up a different religion.

I believe the car languished in a front garden for years and in the last 12 months departed these shores for Greece.

David had a C2 vert in blue with the registration 2 FLY.

Coming back to C2s it would be nice to meet you, I owe you a favour- will you be at the Nats on the Sunday?

Corvette

Well-known user
There was also a red 78 ish Corvette with Daytona addictions in a garden in Sidcup for many years, reg: VET ---S.
Not sure if I will make the Nationals I'm normally flat out with work but will call on that favour one day.
If you want the article sent up just pm me an address.
Frank.

Roscobbc

Custom Maid (Custom Made?) was a custom American and hot rod parts shop in High Road Ilford - one of a small proliferation of new businesses like Competition Cars in Leytonstone, Americar in Sothend, Deals on Wheels in Romford, Leigh on Sea and Birmingham all back in the 70's catering for the new interest in modified cars. Pipecraft was at Kemp Road Chadwell Heath for many years and much later moved to Basildon where it still trades now. There is still a company in their old premises in Kemp Road making custom exhausts (known as Flowtech)

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
There was also a red 78 ish Corvette with Daytona addictions in a garden in Sidcup for many years, reg: VET ---S.
Not sure if I will make the Nationals I'm normally flat out with work but will call on that favour one day.
If you want the article sent up just pm me an address.
Frank.

I have just read the article on the post re the Chetin Ramsey car ( I did not read it before) and I am gad I did because I always thought it was a 74 and I did see it once at an early Nats and I am sure it did not have a 78 rear window then, I remember at that time he had straight rear pipes at the rear, but then separate silencers that he could strap on over the pipes if he needed, it had exterior gauges under the cowl of the hood visible through the windscreen.

Thank you for the offer of the article, I have it now so do not worry.

There was a red Daytona around in the 80's, nicely done, a small block with a light tan/cream interior - it was built somewhere in Woolwich it was nicely finished, may be the same one.

There are not many decent ones in the world, many are badly put together with wheels set back in the arches, not lowered and looking comical and a Daytona has to have the big back window as per the original race car and the five road cars built by Greenwood.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Custom Maid (Custom Made?) was a custom American and hot rod parts shop in High Road Ilford - one of a small proliferation of new businesses like Competition Cars in Leytonstone, Americar in Sothend, Deals on Wheels in Romford, Leigh on Sea and Birmingham all back in the 70's catering for the new interest in modified cars. Pipecraft was at Kemp Road Chadwell Heath for many years and much later moved to Basildon where it still trades now. There is still a company in their old premises in Kemp Road making custom exhausts (known as Flowtech)

Ilford yes, and when I later visited Pipcraft at their workshop to have a system fabricated and fitted, there was a beige C4 there belonging to Geoff Beck, apparently they did a few of his cars.

Roscobbc

Ilford yes, and when I later visited Pipcraft at their workshop to have a system fabricated and fitted, there was a beige C4 there belonging to Geoff Beck, apparently they did a few of his cars.
That C4 I'll think you'll find is the one that Tom Falconer recently restored after buying it back from Beck.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
That C4 I'll think you'll find is the one that Tom Falconer recently restored after buying it back from Beck.

The very one - I did a Bank job in that Vette - I was riding Shot Gun at the time - ................................ I wonder if Tom found any Notes, may be that is why he has retired.

Thinking of the timing it may have been the first C4 I had ever seen in reality, certainly the only one I have ever been in.

Roscobbc

The very one - I did a Bank job in that Vette - I was riding Shot Gun at the time - ................................ I wonder if Tom found any Notes, may be that is why he has retired.

Thinking of the timing it may have been the first C4 I had ever seen in reality, certainly the only one I have ever been in.
I went in a late C4 Vert at the weekend Barry - when one gets to a 'certain' age a C4 is even more of challenge to lower oneself into than even a C3.........

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
I am Guilty of de-railing my own thread, what a banana I am, talking about Daytonas, C4s and Bank Jobs.

Let us get it back on track, so far besides the C2s that I already know about that are coming and have not posted on here.

67 Heaven is sorting out the shipping details as we speak and Frank L88 is bringing two project C2s - I wish

No, but at the moment we have C2s in small blocks, big blocks, Coupes and Verts and we need more.

so to get back on track:

This is an important Event for Sunday June 2nd 2019 at our Breakfast Club Meet, we want as many C2s (63 to 67, Coupes or Convertibles, small blocks or big blocks) to attend as possible – This invitation is opened up to cover all the CCCUK regions. All Vettes welcome C2s and all other Vettes, we hope to see and hear the rumble of C2s coming from far and wide.

The Venue is the Punchbowl, Rising Lane, Lapworth, Warwickshire (B94 6HR)

The Punchbowl Lapworth – Lapworth Restaurant, Rooms & Bar

Should you wish to stay the night before, the Punchbowl has boutique rooms available, normally £95 per room per night including Breakfast, but ask for Olivier and mention the Corvette Club for a £80 special Corvette Club rate.

The Punchbowl is an impressive venue with fine food and excellent parking and is very well situated for the M6, M42 and M40 and not too far from the M5 corridor.

Please post on here or send me a PM via the “Inbox” if you are coming, so I can let the Punchbowl know the numbers and address the seating arrangements so we are all seated together and like wise the Vette Parking.

All Vette heads and Partners welcome even if you are without a Vette.

Backseatdriver

CCCUK Member
I'm looking for the photos!
We had a lovely morning with all the Corvettes and their people.
Thanks for getting us all together and arranging the early sunshine.
All the cars were perfectly parked thanks to the ground crew! (I hope someone took a picture of Marti the Marshaller).