Car Storage

V5ETT

Busy user
Hi all. I currently have a garage away from my property to store my C5.

Do any members know of any alternative storage I could use which is situated close to Chelmsford.

The car would be used around once a week usually or in the dry weather. If Any one knows of a garage enclosure as my garage tenancy is due to expire and would prefer it being in a more modern garage to be honest.

Best regards Alan

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Good luck with that V5ETT . I spent ages looking and making enquiries for an easy access rental . They were either mega bucks establishments for collectors who hardly ever took their cars out , or they were open ended barns down a long bumpy track ! Finally fell on my feet via a mate`s tip off and got the perfect place (y)

V5ETT

Busy user
Good luck with that V5ETT . I spent ages looking and making enquiries for an easy access rental . They were either mega bucks establishments for collectors who hardly ever took their cars out , or they were open ended barns down a long bumpy track ! Finally fell on my feet via a mate`s tip off and got the perfect place (y)
If you could pm me if you know of anywhere that I could use please.

Alan

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Unfortunately I failed to point out that I don`t live anywhere near Chelmsford . I was just making a general comment that I hoped you found somewhere more easily than I did .

Andy J

CCCUK Member
Might be worth asking on your local village/town Facebook page. There may well be someone on there with what you want or know of someone. I've been looking for storage for me before I commit to buying one and I've found somewhere about 15-20 mins away by just asking around locally. Going rate for secure storage with power seems to be around £100 a month in my neck of the woods which is Essex/Suffolk border.

V5ETT

Busy user
Might be worth asking on your local village/town Facebook page. There may well be someone on there with what you want or know of someone. I've been looking for storage for me before I commit to buying one and I've found somewhere about 15-20 mins away by just asking around locally. Going rate for secure storage with power seems to be around £100 a month in my neck of the woods which is Essex/Suffolk border.
Could you PM me if you could please

Andy J

CCCUK Member
Could you PM me if you could please
It's not a commercial venture, it's someone I know who is just offering me a space in his own car storage. There is however a place out north of Colchester I found last year that's a place run as a business but it would probably be too far away for you.But I will see if I can remember who they were and let you know. I still think posting on local Facebook pages will give the best results and much more local.

Andy J

CCCUK Member
Found the commercial place I was looking at last year. Apex car storage in Nayland. A bit of a way from you but better than nothing if you're stuck.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I pay £125 a month for my storage in a unit that is about 4 miles from Silverstone Circuit , so right in the heart of the Motorsport triangle . It is totally secure and fully alarmed . I have free access to come and go as I please and it has power and lighting and plenty of space to work on the C3 . I also have space for a workbench and storage shelving unit . Plus I have access to tools and equipment and welding gear plus a post lift if I need it and the encyclopaedic knowledge of the time served rally and race car spanner man that owns the place . And just 9 miles from home so I am a very happy bunny 😁

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Previously I rented a council garage for about £40 a month to store my C3. Not the best of ideas, but better than it being out in the weather and for "local wildlife" to see often. Garage was tiny, barely fitting the C3, but it was about 5 odd minutes walk from the house thankfully.

Nowadays I pay well over £1k a month for my Vette storage facility. Handily, my new house is literally right next door to it and the house comes as part of the Vette storage package, so I have all the usual facilities of bedrooms, kitchens, lounge etc to go with my Vette storage. :D

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Note to myself CaptainK - Must put a bedroom in my workshop rental . I have an electric kettle and the riding stables next door allows us to use their loo . Does that count as a kitchen and a bathroom ? :unsure: :LOL:

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
No, No, No, it is always free - just find yourself a girl friend with a house and garage that she does not use, the best way to store multiple Vettes!

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I did find a G/F with a house and a garage. Alas, she put boring stuff in it like washing machine and tumble drier and gardening stuff. :rolleyes: So when I married her and bought our first house together I immediately staked my claim on the double garage and what is allowed in there :ROFLMAO:

SESH

CCCUK Member
Might be worth trying local estate agents or Gumtree, sometimes adverts there for garages.