Sat 16 Jul 2022 - 09:00
Until: Sun 17 Jul 2022 - 17:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Good news for many, Dad Dancer Jim won't be attending in 2022. Even further south for us and if allowed, we need to travel to Switzerland to visit Erika's family and friends, so my annual leave is disappearing fast. But fear not, we have already booked ourselves a B&B at Ullswater for September, as we've loved going there for Hot Rods & Hills and this year's Corvettes at the Lakes looked awesome, so a mere 4 1/2 hours trip south, will be a breeze for us and Kori the Corvette!
Merry Christmas and a Happy 2022 one and all, hopefully see many of you then.
:unsure: Sywell is 15 miles further North Jim. I'm sure we'll all miss your epic Proclaimers dance but great that you'll be attending the Corvette at the Lakes which was indeed awesome.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
They have been informed and they have said it's been corrected it for the next issue. Negotiations underway for future ads in CA

Backseatdriver

CCCUK Member
We've had a bit of disappointment here..... I was VERY quick off the mark to book the Aviator Hotel, even before they had the booking codes listed on their website, and I phoned them on 15th November to make sure we had a room for Saturday and Sunday nights. I checked again probably in February (though I don't have an exact note of that call). Now I find we don't have a room booked after all - they've never even heard of us!! I can't get a reply from them about the gala dinner either.

I have booked a cheap hotel at Wellingborough, but if we can't come to the gala dinner we might not need it....

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
We've had a bit of disappointment here..... I was VERY quick off the mark to book the Aviator Hotel, even before they had the booking codes listed on their website, and I phoned them on 15th November to make sure we had a room for Saturday and Sunday nights. I checked again probably in February (though I don't have an exact note of that call). Now I find we don't have a room booked after all - they've never even heard of us!! I can't get a reply from them about the gala dinner either.

I have booked a cheap hotel at Wellingborough, but if we can't come to the gala dinner we might not need it....
Can you message me or email please so I can follow this up - stuart@altertherm.com

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
The staff at Sywell have mentioned that people have been calling to try and book their gala meal. Please use the process we agreed with Sywell by sending an email to Ashleigh as per the instructions below and issued previously to secure your booking:

Subject line: CCCUK Gala Dinner Booking

Dear Member,

The CCCUK Nationals are now two months away and there are two Menu options for Saturday night’s Gala dinner. So now we need YOU to need to arrange YOUR dining.

The gala dinner is open for those staying in the Aviator hotel, other accommodation or those going home and will be on a first come first reserved basis until we reach maximum capacity.

In order to make your booking please email Ashleigh Northover at conference@aviatorhotel.co.uk with your name(s) and choice(s) and any food intolerance.

For example:

Jeff Smith: Main Menu (no allergies)

Flo Smith: Vegetarian (no allergies)

Nigel Gearsley: Vegetarian (no mushrooms)

Easy, just edit and forward this email with your details – updating the subject line with your own name and number guests

Ashleigh will reply with details for making your payment which will need to be made to the hotel.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Sarah Ketchin or myself. Thank you!

Gala Dinner - Main Menu £39.40

TO START:
Cold Smoked Salmon, on lightly dressed leaves, topped with lemon juice, and served with a wholegrain bread roll (gfo)

THE MAIN EVENT: Lightly Roasted Chicken fillet, filled with Cumberland force meat & chorizo, sealed with prosciutto, and finished with a white wine and cream reduction

SOMETHING SWEET: Aviator Eton Mess – with all your usual favourites (gf)

Gala Dinner - Vegetarian Menu £ 37.40

TO START:
All Butter Tart Case filled with wild mushrooms, leeks & lightly smoked garlic and topped with aged brie

THE MAIN EVENT: Roast Vegetable Bourguignon; baby vegetables roasted with fresh herbs in a red wine & tomato sauce (gf)

SOMETHING SWEET: Aviator Eton Mess – with all your usual favourites (gf)

All main courses are served with herb roast potatoes and market vegetables

(gf) Gluten free (gfo) Gluten free optional available. Please indicate any food intolerances which may need to be catered for, these need to be known in advance.

You will be able to order and pay for tea/coffee after your meal, or just have another drink or two.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Just over a couple of weeks now until the 2022 CCCUK Nationals at Sywell Aerodrome. There are just a few places left for the gala dinner on Saturday night and to be clear as the question has been asked - yes you can attend the gala dinner even if you are staying elsewhere (Chuffer!)

For those going to Santa Pod on the Saturday for the RWYB you need to book your admission or track sign on fee and you can do so at the link below:
We have secured a dedicated display area for the cars.
Run What Ya Brung - Santa Pod Raceway - 16 July 2022 (Choose tickets) SantaPodTickets

Watch out for a special guest appearance on Sunday!

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
We have a Corvette racing driver at the Nationals on Sunday - the one and only Oliver Gavin!

Oliver will be presenting the winners with their trophy and has also generously donated a raffle prize of a day of Corvette training in a C8 at their track in Boxberg, Germany.

Raffle tickets will be available on Saturday & Sunday with the winning ticket being drawn during the trophy presentation at 15:00pm. All other raffle prizes will be drawn during the gala dinner on Saturday night and any winning tickets will go back in the draw for the Sunday draw.

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Is there an A4 style image of a flyer available as I'd like to plug this weekend's events on my instagram? :unsure:
Thanks.