Central North "Corvette Round Up" at the Lockkeeper, Worksop

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
How do you fancy meeting up with the Central North gang? Well, I’ve arranged for the CCCUK Central North members to meet up at The Lockkeeper, Sandy Lane, Worksop, Notts, S80 1TJ on Saturday 15th August 2020. The venue has a large car park which has the capacity for 40-50 cars and is relatively easy to locate. It is part of the Marston’s Inns chain and has a hotel next door which can take bookings for overnight stays if required. On top of this, after discussing the event with the pub manager, he has offered a 20% reduction on all food orders for CCCUK members during that day. We plan to kick off around 12 midday (as this is when the pub opens for lunch) but anyone attending can turn up before this time, perhaps to secure a prime space to park in? The pub is located along the main A57 between Worksop and Rotherham and easily accessible from both the M1 (junctions 30 or 31) and the A1 at junction at Babworth. It would be great to see as many Corvettes there as possible, examples from all generations would be ‘AWESOME’ as they say Stateside. There will also be a thread placed on the CCCUK website for anyone who maybe doesn’t regularly check their e-mails. If anyone chooses to stay overnight at the pub/hotel, simply ring The Lockkeeper on 01909 532565. The CCCUK is only as good as its members and I really would like to increase the profile and social side of the Central North region wherever possible. There will be other venues to meet at which are already in the pipeline, I’ll let you know when and where these will be. We have a fairly small ‘summer’ window left for these events thanks to the Covid-19 situation, so let’s see the season out with a bang (well at least the rumble of V8’s anyway) and rock the Lockkeeper on 15th of August !!! All vehicles are welcome and if the weather does turn awful then we could always meet up in our daily driven cars, grab a bite to eat and chat away merrily.

I hope you are all keeping well and at this event we will be observing the social distancing rules which may, or may not be in place at that time. I’m crossing fingers that Boris Johnson doesn’t lock everyone down in the meantime, but please make the effort.......and make my day. Anyone wishing to contact me by phone or message me can do so, not a problem. Take care and I hope to see as many of you as possible in two weeks time.

Paul Newman
CCCUK Regional Representative
Tel. 07901 853691

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Just wanted to take the opportunity to thank everyone who turned up to the 'Corvette Round Up' yesterday. We had 14 Corvettes spanning every single generation from C1 to C7, plus one Camaro convertible and five guys in Mustangs. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and didn't want it to end if I'm honest. The weather stayed dry all day, although it turned cool at times. The venue was perfect, the car park spacious and I met and chatted with some really nice people (sounds like a cliche but oh so true). Can't wait for our next event/meet. I would have loved to see more members in attendance but I understand that there were certain people that could not be there for various reasons. Thanks again for supporting me and the club and here's looking forward to many more days like this in the future - thank you everyone, you have some awesome motors ;)(y) 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 !!! Pictures to follow soon folks >>>>>

UKBeancounter

Committee Member
Paul, apologies I didn't make it to this one, especially after moaning about wanting a meeting at the weekend ! Car was all clean and ready, and then I was called to a clients to work all day. next time. I need to get the car out as not used it much this year.:rolleyes:

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
That's not a problem, if everyone owning a Corvette could turn up to every single meet/event then that would be perfect......alas nothing is ever perfect? We had a great time, gazed at every generation of Vette from 1962 to 2015 and the weather stayed dry, what more can a fella ask for? We still quite often have a mini-meet at The Green Hut cafe near Ollerton on Wednesday mornings if you're circumstances allow you to meet us there? In fact tomorrow we'll be there (NG22 9DR). Alternatively we have planned to have an evening meal at The Griffin's Head pub tomorrow evening (Wednesday 19th August) from around 4:30pm if you want to join us? As always, the more the merrier. Stay safe and we'll meet up soon ;) (y) 🇺🇲

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Did you used to own the green C4 then or are you the current owner of it.......confused :unsure: ? Which Corvette(s) do you currently drive? How about posting a few pics or even sending them to my mobile via Whatsapp? My number is 07901 853691.

UKBeancounter

Committee Member
Yes that's my C4, owned it for 16 years. It is in storage/on permanent loan to Paul and Helen at Lincs Corvette's (lack of garage space at home).
Filling the garage at the moment is :7461

Seen here on its first outing last year at the Silverstone classic following import and IVA (mammoth story !).
2017 C7 Grand Sport with Z07 pack (not the wild aero kit, just the Cup 2 tyres and Ceramic Brakes).
Conversion carried out by Paul. Note the Euro spec mirrors to get the side repeaters (sourced from Ecklers). The rear fog lights are a masterpiece 😀

Jason

PS - I missed another meet due to work, again.

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Looks great and I'm SOOOOOO pleased to see that you've gone for the silver wheels, I really do not like the blacked out wheels that seems to be the trend at the moment. Had another small meet this morning with 3 Vettes, 3 Camaro's, 1 black on black Mustang and a token TVR. Do you have other cars besides the two Vettes then? Got bucket list need to drive each generation of Corvette, done C5, C6 and C7, next up are the C1's, C2's, C3's, C4's and if I'm very lucky I may get to sit inside the new C8 :unsure: ? Sometime we'll meet no doubt, you take care andkeep checking the website for news.