Central South Sunday Breakfast Meet 1st December 2019

monty

CCCUK regional rep
All that were there will know one of my cars would not let us get into it, well here is how we got it home, after Alan had kindly found some spare batteries for the key fob which when we tried it would still not let us open the doors so off we went home to get other spare key fob and more batteries also a spare consumer battery (the consumer battery is in the boot and powers the electrics to the doors,boot etc) and some tools to get me into the boot as everything will only work off the key fob (no mechanical key),we then set back off to the punchbowl to try to get into the car when we arrived the place was jam packed full of cars including a couple of very nice Ferrari's about couple of hundred grand each anyway i tried both keys and nothing so then turned my attention to the boot and managed to get the boot open (i wont tell you how) which set the alarms off everyone now looking at a guy in work clothes inside the boot with a battery and jump leads (must of thought i was nicking it), i hooked the spare battery up with the jump leads and yes you've guessed it still can not open the doors it was at this point i remembered if the windows get stuck and won't go all the way up you can reset them by disconnecting the consumer battery and leaving it for a moment then connect it back up and hey presto the windows work again although you have to reset the level at the uppermost point of travel (10 second job) and reset the radio etc, note the alarms are still going off as these work off the battery under the bonnet which starts the car, now for reconnecting the consumer battery and try the key fob and yes you have guessed it it now opens the doors hooray, for some strange reason the receiver in the car would not recognize the key fob even though it did in the morning and we had driven over to the punchbowl in it but resetting the electrics by disconcerting the battery put it back to factory settings, strange things happen to electrics.

Backseatdriver

CCCUK Member
oh my gosh!!
At least it was daytime and in a nice place!!
Graham had this happen at midnight in Harborne (with his phone inside the car).

But so well done for getting it home and not giving up!! It’s amazing how your own car alarm panics you so much... i bet everyone else there didnt even notice it!

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
All that were there will know one of my cars would not let us get into it, well here is how we got it home, after Alan had kindly found some spare batteries for the key fob which when we tried it would still not let us open the doors so off we went home to get other spare key fob and more batteries also a spare consumer battery (the consumer battery is in the boot and powers the electrics to the doors,boot etc) and some tools to get me into the boot as everything will only work off the key fob (no mechanical key),we then set back off to the punchbowl to try to get into the car when we arrived the place was jam packed full of cars including a couple of very nice Ferrari's about couple of hundred grand each anyway i tried both keys and nothing so then turned my attention to the boot and managed to get the boot open (i wont tell you how) which set the alarms off everyone now looking at a guy in work clothes inside the boot with a battery and jump leads (must of thought i was nicking it), i hooked the spare battery up with the jump leads and yes you've guessed it still can not open the doors it was at this point i remembered if the windows get stuck and won't go all the way up you can reset them by disconnecting the consumer battery and leaving it for a moment then connect it back up and hey presto the windows work again although you have to reset the level at the uppermost point of travel (10 second job) and reset the radio etc, note the alarms are still going off as these work off the battery under the bonnet which starts the car, now for reconnecting the consumer battery and try the key fob and yes you have guessed it it now opens the doors hooray, for some strange reason the receiver in the car would not recognize the key fob even though it did in the morning and we had driven over to the punchbowl in it but resetting the electrics by disconcerting the battery put it back to factory settings, strange things happen to electrics.
Glad you got sorted Mike and yes disconnect and re-boot works for a lot of gremlins - the two Ferraris that would be the two 458s one red one black, they were coming over the hump back bridge as we left, I rode shotgun in the red one, I think it was the first spyder in the country, it is not the acceleration that is phenominal, it is the braking and the unbelievable decelleration helped by an incredible gearbox, but I would still rather have a Vette.

Last edited: