Chairman's Update May 2021

Rich

Administrator
Welcome to Chairman’s Update. Just a few CCCUK matters (in no particular order) which may be of interest to you:

COMMITTEE MEETINGS
The minutes from the April meeting are available for you to view in the “Resources” area of this website.

REGIONAL REPS
Firstly, the good news – John Allen has agreed to take on the role of SOUTH COAST Regional Rep. He will be assisted by Daniel Cramp. I reside in this region so it is good news that we can all start meeting. It’s a shame to see Paul Tuttiett step down, and my thanks go to Paul for all the work he put in.
We have Rep vacancies in SOUTH WEST and WESTERN Regions. These roles are so vital and with the easing of restrictions, I hope that we can find replacements as soon as possible. I’m more than happy to discuss either role with anyone interested.

MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS
As at today some 800 members have renewed their membership and I believe this to be the highest figure so soon after the renewal date since we started using Membermojo. Thank you very much to all of you who have renewed. At the end of this month all website user’s status will be reviewed and any non-members will not be able to see any future Chairman’s Chats – ok, it’s hardly an incentive to renew, but you know what I mean!!

RENEWAL MEMBERSHIP PACK DELAYS
I would like to add my apologies for the delay in getting these out to you as mentioned by Rob Tring in his email of 3 May. We are on the case and hopefully you will have your pack very soon (if not already).

NATIONALS AND LAKES SHOWS
The organisation for both our large shows this year is going extremely well. Both weekends are coming together well and I hope that you can join us at either or both. Entry for Members is free.

COMMITTEE VACANCIES
The protocol at the AGM is that all Committee members stand down and a new Committee is formed. This gives every member the opportunity to take on a role – if there is more than one interested party then a secret ballot is held, but this is very rare. Although it is normal for a number of the Committee to re-stand for a further period, I already know of at least three vacancies. We need a full Committee, so if you have ever considered standing and would like some more information, please contact me.

CCCUK CALENDAR
We are intending to produce a CCCUK Calendar stuffed full of pictures of Member’s Corvettes for 2022. However, we need some images. The Committee have refused to fill it with pictures of my Camaro (or even have a single photo of it) so here’s an opportunity for you to have a picture of your Corvette hanging in someone’s house whom you have never met. All we need from you is a good quality photo please. Of course, we could be snowed under and may have to make some tough choices, so please don’t be put off if your car isn’t selected. Images to merchandise@corvetteclub.org.uk by the end of August please.