Chairman's Update October 2021

Rich

Administrator
I can’t believe that my last Chairman’s update was in May. Apologies to all those members who I know are constantly and eagerly looking forward to the next one!

My silence is due to two main reasons:

Firstly, there hasn’t been much to say!! and anything worthwhile has been covered in my Chairman’s page in Vette News or the Committee Meeting Minutes in the website Resources Section. We have just had a meeting and those minutes will appear shortly.

The second reason is that the show season kicked off so dramatically that all the events seemed to be crammed into a very short space of time, leaving me short of time. I spent six weekends away from home at various shows and have become one of Premier Inn’s best customers……………

EVENTS CO-ORDINATOR VACANCY
I have temporarily taken on the responsibility for CCCUK Events. Graham Collins kindly stepped into this role at the AGM, but due to unforeseen personal circumstance he has had to stand down. A full Committee enables us to achieve a lot more for the benefit of the Club and the Members, and it would be fantastic if we could fill this role as soon as possible. Now is as good a time as any, as all the events are more or less finished for the current season. This is very much a liaison role and the organisation of the Nationals and Lakes Shows do not form part of this position. You will have a say on how the CCCUK is run, so if anybody is interested please let me know. The Job Profile is available within the Resources section of the Website.

EVENTS
I organised the Club presence at Petrolheadonism Live at Knebworth. This is the brainchild of Ciro Ciampi, who is well known to the Club as the owner of the Sharnbrook where the Nationals has been held for several years. I have to say that it was one of the best shows I have been to this year. The variation of the cars on display, and everything else going on, made it a very enjoyable weekend. Definitely one for the diary next year.

Prior to this, in July, was the Silverstone Classic where the weather could have been better. Our Club area was in the wilderness away from the other car clubs. Far from ideal and my representations to the event organisers have been met with assurances that we will be treated better next year. Enough said, but I hope so.

The arrangements for the Club stand at the NEC Classic Car Show in November are well under way. We will have examples of C1 to C6 on display and are hoping to have GM’s RHD C8 there – accepted that it’s not a classic but it will commend a lot of attention. We will also be showing a montage previous CCCUK Nationals on 60” TVs. I hope to see you there – don’t forget that you can save on the ticket price by using the CCCUK discount code.

Last edited:

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
We loved Petrolheadonism. And Knebworth. And The Sharnbrook. I hope we get there in 2022!

The Sharnbrook has been for sale for some time with no guarantee that the new owners would host car clubs. That and the 40 odd bedrooms was always too few.

Hope to see you at the new Nationals venue