Chassis protection

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Anyone tried Lanoguard chassis protection on their vette frame and running gear. I dont want to cover my newly painted frame , running gear and lines with underseal or even waxoyl as very thick and all the road grit and grime sticks to it . what do folk here do to keep everything shiny and clean underneath . Was thinking i can srpray this product as its clear, then wipe off the excess but leave it in the crevices and nooks and crannies to protect and displace any water . Any thoughts

FIVE RED

CCCUK Member
I use Hammerite 'smooth' black on the steel parts of the C5 underside etc. Goes on nicely, dries quickly and wipes clean easily as non sticky.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
If you’re going for something “removable” I’d use ACF50. I’m not convinced on the pressed sheep stuff, seems to have come of fashion recently. ACF50 has been around for years and works. Ask any biker. Plus a degreaser will wash it off.

In the words of Sarah Green “Here’s one I made earlier”

F85DD722-4D60-4752-A079-44FBB340CFA6.jpeg

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Once mine’s painted I’m going to do the inside of the chassis with Dintrol. There are places that’ll do it for you.

antijam

CCCUK Member
I had my Mustang 'Krowned' three years ago and was well impressed. The fluid they used was T40 Rust Inhibitor - possibly similar to Lanoguard? It's a very thin film, so not obvious after application, but it certainly seems to do the job. To provide protection to critical points on the 'Vette chassis I bought some T40 aerosols on ebay from Estonia. The name has been updated to Krown Rust Protection & Lubricant and you can buy it from Krown in Canada but it's cheaper as T40 on ebay.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Krown is supposed to be very good too.

Lanogaurd is lanolin based so supposedly bio-degradable which makes me wonder how long it lasts.

Nick B

CCCUK Member
Oops, forgot the message! Was just going to say that unfortunately a lot of environmentally friendly products don't work as well.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
They boast it out performs waxoyl and similar products. Have bought some to spray under my van as a test run . Unlike the engine oil that a lot of old school car guys swear by , lanoguard is harmless to rubber pipes and bushes. Apparently.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I sprayed Dynax 50 into all the cavities as it had good reviews about its performance and durability . It pongs a bit but has self sealing and `creep` qualities that gets it into all the seams and joints . I used brush applied black Waxoyl on the external surfaces so I could lard it on really thick and because its easy to inspect the external surfaces you can keep touching it up as needed .

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I sprayed Dynax 50 into all the cavities as it had good reviews about its performance and durability . It pongs a bit but has self sealing and `creep` qualities that gets it into all the seams and joints . I used brush applied black Waxoyl on the external surfaces so I could lard it on really thick and because its easy to inspect the external surfaces you can keep touching it up as needed .
Will report back on the lanoguard, that smells very organic , so dont know how much “sheep “ is in it , they made some radiator additive years ago I believe , .... BAAA’s leaks 🤣🤣🤣👍

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Will report back on the lanoguard, that smells very organic , so dont know how much “sheep “ is in it , they made some radiator additive years ago I believe , .... BAAA’s leaks 🤣🤣🤣👍
Well at least you will have lovely soft hands ! 😙 Wear your wellies too in case a live one turns up 🤣

Redlevel

Well-known user
I'm a big fan of anything made by Bilt-Hamber. Great products for all eventualities. Use it a lot under the vehicles and in the cavities.
Their soft claybar is really great and does an amazing job taking off crap you can't normally see on the paint. I really should use it more often.

mickn

CCCUK Member
I've had a quote for about £500 to jet wash underneath, wire brush and scrape the loose off etc, dry and then spray waxoyl, (they do inject into any chassis holes as well) the car does need it to be honest. i was looking to have a go myself but came across this company online and they have an outlet local to me. Is it a very good/practical idea to jet wash the underneath of a near 50 year old car?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Do they specifically say jet wash or do you mean pressure steam spray ? I certainly wouldn`t recommend jet washing with water . I would recommend Dynax instead of Waxoyl . I know Waxoyl has been around for donkey`s years and is generally the go to choice but I did research before doing my car myself . Dynax came out on top but is more expensive , but you get what you pay for . All Bilthammer products a great reputation . It has good creep and self sealing properties and should be good for 5 years or more on a classic vehicle doing low annual miles and not usually driven in harsh conditions . £500 seems about right for a car the size of a C3 providing they do a thorough job and find all the chassis holes and cavities .

mickn

CCCUK Member
Their website says 'pressure wash where necessary', not sure I'm keen if it's a jet wash. The car definitely needs doing (undersealing), think I'd need a good chat with them first.

Andy76

Regular user
Do they specifically say jet wash or do you mean pressure steam spray ? I certainly wouldn`t recommend jet washing with water . I would recommend Dynax instead of Waxoyl . I know Waxoyl has been around for donkey`s years and is generally the go to choice but I did research before doing my car myself . Dynax came out on top but is more expensive , but you get what you pay for . All Bilthammer products a great reputation . It has good creep and self sealing properties and should be good for 5 years or more on a classic vehicle doing low annual miles and not usually driven in harsh conditions . £500 seems about right for a car the size of a C3 providing they do a thorough job and find all the chassis holes and cavities .
I'm another Bilt Hamber fan. I've used Dynax UC and UB on various cars. It goes on really easy straight out of the can. It seems pretty durable too and it can be touched up if needed. Waxoyl isn't a patch on it in my opinion, more effort to apply and difficult to deal with when it needs redone.