Sat 6 Jul 2024 - 09:00
Until: Sun 7 Jul 2024 - 16:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
The big one Stars & Stripes. This year (2023) we were given the largest and most prominent display location slap bang in the middle of Stars & Stripes and given our standing with Mortons I fully expect we'll be afforded the same in 2024.

Usual script, nearer the event I'll ask for names & vehicle details that want to display on the CCCUK club stand which will then be handed out or posted out.

Lets see if we can get more than the 50 Corvettes we had on Sunday 2023!

Stridey

CCCUK Member
Mr Cricket, will there be a Corvette area again for 2024 ? if so, will you be organising the entry passes again ?

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Mr Cricket, will there be a Corvette area again for 2024 ? if so, will you be organising the entry passes again ?
There certainly is Mr. Stridey and you are most welcome to join us as per usual and this year we aim to beat the 50 Corvettes we assembled there last year.

In fact I mojo'd the NW members this week with instructions and requests for names so why don't you open your member profile click on NW Region and you'll then get my incessant ramblings for all the events. Usual deal with S&S whereby Mortons send me all the passes for me to distribute but we have the Classic & Performance to deal with first.

See you soon bud

Stridey

CCCUK Member
Mr Cricket, I was just wondering it there was any up date on passes for Stars & Stripes ?

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Hi Graham. Mortons won't talk about S&S until the earlier show is done in June. We have got our same central and huge pitch again I'm told. I'll ask for names nearer the date but you'll be on the list as per usual. See you soon 👍

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I'm possibly interested in this one. Depends on how busy I am as July is very busy as it is. So I'll be watching and see what happens.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I'm possibly interested in this one. Depends on how busy I am as July is very busy as it is. So I'll be watching and see what happens.
It's an amazing show choc full of Americana with 2,500 yanks from every end of the spectrum on show. We had 45 Corvettes there on Sunday last year and hoping for 50 this year.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Some exciting news re; Stars & Stripes. We have entered into a collaboration with Mortons the organisers of this event and others whereby they will use all their media outlets to promote our club at Stars & Stripes. Provide us with the most prominent display area, increased display area size, hand out flyers including CCCUK details and announcements throughout the weekend encouraging people to visit our display and even consider joining the club.

I see this as an exciting opportunity to further promote our club to a wider audience so if you haven’t yet sent me your wish to attend on either Saturday or Sunday please do as we may be able to accommodate even more than the target of 50. As it stands, we are at 44 registered.

We will also be able to promote both the Corvette Nationals and Corvettes at the Lakes.

I've had comment that my nationals@ email has bounced back for some so please use stuart@altertherm.com to register to attend

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I would love to attend, as mentioned above, but sadly can't make it this year.

2025 then. It really is a show every Yank car nut should get to at least once. You can camp on site too for I think a fiver and Saturday night is a blast I'm told for those that stay (I live too close to stay and I haven't camped since I was 13) with a late bar and 'shenanigans' going on....;)

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Camping sounds good. Though if I go in the future it'll be with a group of family, and they'll be wanting a hotel. Me, I'd just sleep in the car :ROFLMAO:

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Morton’s have just confirmed they have posted out 68 weekend passes. 65 for Corvettes and 3 support passes that give us access on Friday to erect our club stand.

So get your Honey Do Lists complete, cut the grass, check your oil and get that Corvette show-ready and let’s show those 100 identical new Mustangs how to put on a show!

Currently at 47 names / Corvettes registered so closing in on that magical 50 number!

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
So with some additions including an Essex member we have now passed the elusive 50 number. Stuffing envelopes today so all will go out tomorrow first class but as usual, I'll be ready for some jumping on board the day before the show asking for tickets :sneaky: Tickets are FREE and valid for all weekend.

A reminder - your ticket must be displayed in the windscreen and you must arrive before 9:30am. We're erecting the club stand on Friday so I'll post directions once we've seen the location.

We have a selection of club merchandise for sale over the weekend and we can take card payments!

Some of the Ladies will be cooking breakfast, Saturday will be bacon rolls and Sunday a larger offering of bacon, sausage, black pudding and shrooms. To indulge either contribute some of the listed food including bread rolls of pay £5.00 per sammich.

1719749177890.png

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Well 58 tickets sent out and I know of 7 or 8 that have private entries so the goal of 50 Corvettes on Sunday is doable if the weather holds out. Thanks to Alf, Dave, Rob and Paul for help with the club stand today

1720187326240.jpeg

We've ended up with 11 flags of different vintages so anyone need some for their regions I'll bring them all to the Nationals this month?

monty

CCCUK regional rep
Well 58 tickets sent out and I know of 7 or 8 that have private entries so the goal of 50 Corvettes on Sunday is doable if the weather holds out. Thanks to Alf, Dave, Rob and Paul for help with the club stand today

View attachment 26879

We've ended up with 11 flags of different vintages so anyone need some for their regions I'll bring them all to the Nationals this month?
Hope the weather holds out for you, if it’s possible could we have any bunting or flags that you could spare for the Rally of the Giants that I have organised on July 28th. I will be at the nationals for the AGM on Saturday and then again on Sunday.
Thanks Mike Penn.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Hope the weather holds out for you, if it’s possible could we have any bunting or flags that you could spare for the Rally of the Giants that I have organised on July 28th. I will be at the nationals for the AGM on Saturday and then again on Sunday.
Thanks Mike Penn.
Thanks Mike and no problem you can take your pick at the Nats. Ask the club for bunting as we don't have any spare in fact we could have used more today.