Cleaning chrome exhaust tips on 72

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi , any ideas for a product that will dissolve the black hardened soot on the inside of the square chromeem polished once they are clean 👍 exhaust tips tried various products but not much joy, am scraping it off with a fingernail but hard going, have to keep th

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi , any ideas for a product that will dissolve the black hardened soot on the inside of the square chromeem polished once they are clean 👍 exhaust tips tried various products but not much joy, am scraping it off with a fingernail but hard going, have to keep th
That came out jumbled😩😂

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
That came out jumbled😩😂

Worn your fingertips out and cant type :LOL:
Chrome cleaner used to be a thing, cant say ive seen it for years though.
Maybe try T-cut?.. i use loads of it, good stuff. I wouldnt have thought it would damage chrome.. much.
Disclaimer: im an idiot, dont listen to me.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hi , any ideas for a product that will dissolve the black hardened soot on the inside of the square chromeem polished once they are clean 👍 exhaust tips tried various products but not much joy, am scraping it off with a fingernail but hard going, have to ke
Cleaning the "inside " of exhaust tips !!! Now that is extreme , are you taking up concours events and not driving it again ? Are you getting the cotton buds out on the tyre treads next ?? :LOL:

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
To be fair, on the '70 - '73 the exhaust tips are on the large size and when filthy do ruin the entire arse end. I do mine once a year to get the main crud off

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I need to come to Falmouth but it's like 4 hours so would probably crash on your sofa? Roast dinner please!
You dont want to come to falmouth or most of mid cornwall as its G7 week . Its unbelievable , I wont be worrying about burning a few gallons of premium in the vette, you should see the planes , helicopters , motorcades and police vehicles everywhere and they have somehow decided its totally carbon neutral !! 🤔

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
You dont want to come to falmouth or most of mid cornwall as its G7 week . Its unbelievable , I wont be worrying about burning a few gallons of premium in the vette, you should see the planes , helicopters , motorcades and police vehicles everywhere and they have somehow decided its totally carbon neutral !! 🤔
Yeah , and when it`s all over Barmy Boris will slap another lock down on us so I can`t have my holiday in Cornwall when they have all p***ed off back where they came from ! Bloody politicians . :mad: They will rue the day I become dictator ! Orf with their heads I say .

James Vette

CCCUK Member
That's a real shame but I bet you know the secret spots that tourists don't.