Clutch cross shaft wuery

Oneball

CCCUK Member
There’s a hole to fit a grease nipple on the shaft, the nipple may be in there.
Have you set the adjustment as per the AIM? Are all 3 springs there?

Corvette

Well-known user
And the felt washers? Could be many things inc sloppy clutch linkage where one rod joins z bar?lean something on clutch peddle then go in engine bay and see if all rods/ z bar are free of play. You can’t beat an annoying rattle to test your patience.

Roscobbc

There are clutch linkage kits available (to replace stock linkage) that utilises rose joints - not sure if it offers adjustable pivot points etc - is this 'legal' for race use?

Oneball

CCCUK Member
There are clutch linkage kits available (to replace stock linkage) that utilises rose joints - not sure if it offers adjustable pivot points etc - is this 'legal' for race use?

you could probably get away with it but I’ve refurbished the standard set up.

Roscobbc

Reports I've seen suggest that it improve clutch movement quality (due to reduced friction perhps) - anyway its a thought for the future if needed.....

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Found a grease nipple underneath the shaft so will grease it up in next few days. 👍
any idea how much grease i need to pump into the nipple on the clutch shaft to stop it rattling i dont think i gave it enough as still rattled . Do i pump it in til it comes out both ends, dont think there would be seals in there. Thanks 😁👍

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
It’s the springs that are supposed to stop the rattle - not the grease. Have you got all three springs in situ as per the diagram posted earlier?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
It’s the springs that are supposed to stop the rattle - not the grease. Have you got all three springs in situ as per the diagram posted earlier?
Yes forrest, all three are present and tight, I can get movement away from the block and back to create the knocking rattle, i wonder if some nylon or fibre washers may help👍

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Yes forrest, all three are present and tight, I can get movement away from the block and back to create the knocking rattle, i wonder if some nylon or fibre washers may help👍

The outside ball is located with two nylon seats and a circlip sounds like something is wrong at that end.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
The outside ball is located with two nylon seats and a circlip sounds like something is wrong at that end.
Ah , the end with the nut ? I wondered what held the ball joint / stud in position, it is not dropping out but maybe needs new nylon seats , will take another look. 👍