Coming to your town soon?

Roscobbc

Perhaps coming to your city, town or village in the future........and not suggesting that any of our members drive or use their vehicles in 'anti-social' ways (or at least where they can be seen) - more of a warning really to be careful at car meet-up's. It would be all too easy to get linked-in with some of the hot hatch, street drifting fraternity by just being there in your cars.
Released yesterday by Metropolitan Police
News - 18 January 2022 15:27

Arrests and vehicles seized following central London car meeting

Police in Westminster have arrested five people and seized ten cars following a weekend car meet in central London.
Following hundreds of complaints from residents in the community regarding the ongoing issues of noise and dangerous driving, officers from Central West Command Unit and officers from the Road Transport Policing Command, launched an operation to tackle this anti-social behaviour (ASB).
This focussed on areas around the St James, Kensington and Knightsbridge areas
The operation ran from Friday 14 to Sunday 16 January.
On Friday evening officers made three arrests, two people who failed roadside drug tests and one man found to be wanted for robbery.
Three vehicles were seized for no insurance and a number of people reported for various traffic offences.
On Saturday there was one arrest for failing a roadside drugs test and three vehicles were seized, two for no insurance and one that was reported as stolen.
Where a vehicle is seen to be behaving in an anti-social manner officers can issue a section 59 warning which is recorded against both the vehicle and the driver. If either the vehicle or driver is caught committing vehicle based anti-social behaviour again, then that vehicle can be seized.
One vehicle causing ASB had already received a prior section 59 warning and so was seized immediately.
Thirty nine other vehicles involved either have or will be issued section 59 warnings as a result of the police operation.
Officers are continuing to review video footage captured including footage from council cameras and acoustic cameras, and further warnings are likely to be made.
Furthermore all of those drivers will be issued with Community Protection Notice Warnings, which is another power available to tackle anti-social behaviour.
Another arrest was made when a driver was found to be disqualified from driving. In total ten vehicles were seized during the course of the operation.
Chief Inspector James Johnson, Westminster Borough said: “These are London streets but some people choose to use them as racetracks. These car meets are noisy, anti-social and often downright dangerous. People should not have to listen to cars doing doughnuts in their road in the early hours of the morning and this operation was part of our continuing plan to tackle this anti-social behaviour.
"Those who participate in such events can expect to be reported for driving offences and face having their car seized. We are determined to stop this behaviour and our message is clear - if you come to central London to drive in a dangerous manner, be prepared to take the bus home.”

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
The chavy , druggy , illegal car , criminal fringe fraturnity deserve all the get . I have witnessed for myself some of the downright dangerous driving whilst leaving some events that unfortunately have attracted some of these idiots . :mad:

Roscobbc

Problem is Chuffer that some of the American car and Hot Rod fraternity have always been known for doing the smoky burnouts etc - at that's fine (to a point) in some locations.................unfortunately a large number of the 'Chav' brigade like to think they can do things far better and extreme as unfortunately do a fair number of the Yank mob......and sadly they'll be doing it in 'sensitive' places. They won't care about ruining the event for the majority 'coz they'll never themselves aspire to a worthwhile car........they just need to show how much better their ordinary looking, mundane, everyday modern cars are than everyone elses...........

Rich

Administrator
Guildford Cruise was killed off many years ago under similar circumstances. What was a quiet American Car meet in a retail park car park, evolved into crowds gathering on the roadside and an invasion of "hot hatches". True, most US car owners on leaving the area had a "spirited" exit, much as Ross inferred above.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I remember the Guildford cruise, but as you say the hot hatch’s arrived and that was that. Coming home from the cruise on the M25 was the only time I got stopped for having a US plate ( rear only, no front plate in FL ) the traffic cops nicked me for no front plate. Went to Chelmsford magistrates court, explained that Florida doesn’t have a front plate, took my rear one to show them, case dismissed with full costs.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I remember the Guildford cruise, but as you say the hot hatch’s arrived and that was that. Coming home from the cruise on the M25 was the only time I got stopped for having a US plate ( rear only, no front plate in FL ) the traffic cops nicked me for no front plate. Went to Chelmsford magistrates court, explained that Florida doesn’t have a front plate, took my rear one to show them, case dismissed with full costs.
You were lucky pulling that one off ! Surely it was a UK registered vehicle ??

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
No, not registered in the UK. Hence no front plate, as you can’t get one. Tried to explain to the police, but they were having none of it.
I think now remembering back, they suggested me making one out of cardboard.

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
You would think things like license plates would be controlled by the federal government instead of the individual states. Hence some states require front and rear plates others rear only.

stealthyflatfish

Well-known user
We used to have an American car meet up here ( Newcastle, metro center ) on a Wednesday night in the huge car park between Toys r us and pizza hut, it was great until the Corsa mob turned up, and started driving like loons, then one Wednesday a whole load of security turned up and turfed us all out, stating it was private property and we where stopping bonified shoppers from parking.
I hate Vauxhall Corsa's

PhilV8

CCCUK Member
I was at the local Tesco store last week and there was a badly parked Shelby Mustang. I say badly parked because it was in the roadway not in a parking bay. As I was getting out of my car the driver returned, started it, revved it like hell then took off. I'm guessing he was keeping it in low gear as the horrendous noise lasted for a long time. No doubt he was thinking how impressed we all were and how cool we thought he was. In reality, the phrase 'stupid prat' sprang to mind.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
In Florida, if a car is wizzing along making lots of noise or just being a nuisance, 9 times out of 10 it’s a Mustang. I’ve got nothing against Mustangs, always loved them, just the drivers. Corvettes are usually driven quite sedately

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I was at the local Tesco store last week and there was a badly parked Shelby Mustang. I say badly parked because it was in the roadway not in a parking bay. As I was getting out of my car the driver returned, started it, revved it like hell then took off. I'm guessing he was keeping it in low gear as the horrendous noise lasted for a long time. No doubt he was thinking how impressed we all were and how cool we thought he was. In reality, the phrase 'stupid prat' sprang to mind.
Funny how the dick heads of this world have a very low threshold of what is classed as cool . ☹️

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
A lot worse here in the USA,
The obama gang bangers and the illegal aliens take over public streets, even entrances to highways
Due to cops doing nothing, so some even take control of a street on a weekly basis and make the road into a drag strip
and bet thousands of dollars on who beats who in races.

So bad there is weekly TV shows that shows these illegal races :-(

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
A lot worse here in the USA,
The obama gang bangers and the illegal aliens take over public streets, even entrances to highways
Due to cops doing nothing, so some even take control of a street on a weekly basis and make the road into a drag strip
and bet thousands of dollars on who beats who in races.

So bad there is weekly TV shows that shows these illegal races :-(
Only in the Land of the Brave and The Home of The Free eh ????