Corvette Events List Question?

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Apologies if this should be in the events section but it's neither just CCCUK events nor just non club events related.

Today I was hoping to take a decent drive to any event somewhere nice especially as I now can't attend the Americana on Bank Holiday Monday due to my second jab falling at 1pm!

Having looked in a few places and posted on the club's Facebook asking what is there, nothing came to light....until this evening where a few people posted from Brands Hatch & other places, many of which I would have gone to. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Is there a National 'What's On' by date list I am missing or if not, could there be such a thing as I really wanted to finally meet up with others today and disappointingly for me, it didn't happen. ๐Ÿ˜”

I know the Club magazine normally covers this, but given the lockdown changes, obviously printing such a list would be futile at the moment.

Just wondering if my poor forum navigation is missing such a list? ๐Ÿค”

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Ive not seen such an animal (a National 'What's On' by date list).

There was an event entry for Brands but as with many events you cant decide to go at the last moment, partly because in this case the club has to organise whos going but mostly because so many events this year are pre-book only due to covid restrictions.
And now your covid jab is messing tomorrow up, its causing havoc one way or another.

Masters Historic Festival Sunday 30th May

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Ive not seen such an animal (a National 'What's On' by date list).

There was an event entry for Brands
This is the thing, wading through lots of different posts which are all out of sequence etc.

Could there not be for example, a 'Weekend May 29th - 30th' type of posts with all the various national events and any subsequent changes can be updated in one place?

Seems logical to me and might attract more attention & attendance? ๐Ÿค”

I guess the Calendar semi serves this purpose but doesn't seem to have much of what is going on?

Just my 2c born out of my own missed opportunities today.

Last edited:

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
This is the thing, wading through lots of different posts which are all out of sequence etc.
Could there not be for example, a 'Weekend May 29th - 30th' type of posts with all the various national events and any subsequent changes can be updated in one place?
Seems logical to me and might attract more attention & attendance? ๐Ÿค” I guess the Calendar semi serves this purpose but doesn't seem to have much of what is going on?
Just my 2c born out of my own missed opportunities today.

I agree, though it would take a good deal of time and effort from an unsung hero in the background to keep it comprehensive and accurate.
Herding Cats springs to mind. ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜†

Rich

Administrator
Can't it be automatic?
Always up for suggestions, particularly when it comes to posting events as this is an integral part of Club life for many. Could you elaborate please on your suggestion, James on how this can be done "automatically".

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Always up for suggestions, particularly when it comes to posting events as this is an integral part of Club life for many. Could you elaborate please on your suggestion, James on how this can be done "automatically".
There could be a feed on here that takes classic car events posted by other websites or Facebook news feeds.

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
I see I missed another event over the weekend which was pretty close to me that was posted just a few days before. :rolleyes:

There has to be a better way to notify Members in one place of the majority of Corvette events taking place around the country?
1) An email sent to Members each week
2) Fully utilise the calendar
3) A single post in the Events section for each week such as;
'Events Week June 14th - 20th'
'Events Week June 21st - 27th'

With so much social media out there to keep up with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Forums etc etc and those things that get in the way called work and life, to me that's one of the reasons I joined the club, to find out about events to attend....preferably not after them though! โ˜น๏ธ

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
A lot of localised non CCCUK events are only picked up by club members who happen to find out what`s on , then share it with the wider membership via this forum if they so wish . Also passing this info on to their Regional Reps who can then throw it open to all regional members via Membership Mojo . I think that in general , the club and its committee and regional reps do a very good job of informing members of the calendar of events but cannot realistically be expected to flag up every non CCCUK organised event across the country .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
GCorvette ,
Don`t know where you live but look up Earls Barton Classic Car & Bike Meets . They have now expanded to similar events on Wednesday evenings at Towcester Racecourse and Hallerton Recreation Ground Leicestershire . They obviously do not CCCUK organised display areas but always produce a great mix of interesting cars and several club members attend this quite regularly . Myself included .

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Once we are de-restricted you should find the Calendar fill up - no one wants to put down what may not happen - I previously had to Cancel Event after Event after Event on the Forum due to restrictions

There could be a link on our Forum to a couple of well known sites that Publish the main Classic Car Events around the Country

Derek Nicole has flagged 3 interesting Venues - Earls Barton - Towcester and Leicester - Pics are good thank you to all, would be good for a report on the ground conditions (Earls Barton Looks long grass - but is it flat ? - my front spoiler is only a couple of inches off the ground and not like a C6 has a long overhang) need to know if it is flat

I will probably do Towcester - they are all mid week early afternoon - That is the real problem for some.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Earls Barton - Towcester and Leicester - Pics are good thank you to all, would be good for a report on the ground conditions (Earls Barton Looks long grass - but is it flat ? - my front spoiler is only a couple of inches off the ground and not like a C6 has a long overhang) need to know if it is flat.

The going is good to firm at Towcester and soft at Earls Barton.
The grass at Earls Barton isnt cut to Towcesters standards so low cars do snow plough the grass coming in. I cant swear to how flat it is because my Vette has a bit of ground clearance, maybe Chuffer can help with that... if we dont just go off at a tangent again, that is. :rolleyes::LOL:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Earls Barton is a flat level ish field and I never have a problem with the front splitter and low exhaust on the C3 as long as I take it steady. Unfortunately at the last Barton meet they had only just recently mowed the field and a lot of us scooped up grass cuttings as we we went . Towcester Racecourse is not such a large display area so the meet is smaller but is on hard standing and well manicured level grass area . Don`t know about Hallerton as ain`t been yet .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
The going is good to firm at Towcester and soft at Earls Barton.
The grass at Earls Barton isnt cut to Towcesters standards so low cars do snow plough the grass coming in. I cant swear to how flat it is because my Vette has a bit of ground clearance, maybe Chuffer can help with that... if we dont just go off at a tangent again, that is. :rolleyes::LOL:
Thank you John Mcririck for your astute observations on the `going` at both courses . You can now add Turf Accountant to your growing list of credentials . ๐Ÿคช