Corvette Rear Light Modification - C3 (1969 onwards)

trevbeadle

CCCUK Member
I'm working through the pdf guide 'How to convert C3 lights to UK Specification ' in the Members Only section of the Club website. My C3 is an '80 with the standard US specification combined red tail/brake/indicator combination and white back-up lights.
I've completed to the end of Step 1 as per the instructions but when I 'test the newly positioned indicators' I find that although they 'light' they do not 'flash' nor do the front indicators now!!
Is this because I have not yet completed Step 4, 'The brake light power wire' stage and completed the whole of the modification, have I done something wrong or is it that this guide will not work for a car of my year?

johng

CCCUK Member
Trev, are you using LEDs for the indicators? If the bulbs light but don't flash then it's likely to be because there is not enough current flowing through the flasher unit. LEDs without resistors wired in parallel are too high resistance to allow sufficient current draw. If you are not using LEDs then I'd say you have too high a resistance somewhere else. Could be a poor connection. Are the front side marker bulbs lighting up as well? Don't know if the wiring in a 1980 is different to mine, but the guide worked well for my 78.

Emc

Supporting vendor
I'm working through the pdf guide 'How to convert C3 lights to UK Specification ' in the Members Only section of the Club website. My C3 is an '80 with the standard US specification combined red tail/brake/indicator combination and white back-up lights.
I've completed to the end of Step 1 as per the instructions but when I 'test the newly positioned indicators' I find that although they 'light' they do not 'flash' nor do the front indicators now!!
Is this because I have not yet completed Step 4, 'The brake light power wire' stage and completed the whole of the modification, have I done something wrong or is it that this guide will not work for a car of my year?
No , the brake lights in a correct conversion do not effect the indicator,
If you need Trevor give me a call
There are other things that can effect it
Gavin

trevbeadle

CCCUK Member
I suddenly thought right after I posted if it was the cheap Chinese LED orange bulbs that I had put in! The front indicators and marker lights come on but don’t flash. I’ll try standard bulbs tomorrow at the back and see if they work then.

trevbeadle

CCCUK Member
I replaced the old standard bulbs and hey ho, working OK so I have got Step 1 correct. I'll stick with 60's technology!!!