Corvettes at the lakes

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Morning all.
I have arranged a 6 piano delivery round trip for fri sat sunday ending up with spending sunday at the corvette meet at ulswater. Unfortunately the 72 wont be there but am looking forward to meeting some forum faces and admiring your vettes. I will be in a van with a grand piano on the side so dont forget to wave 🙏🤣. I will be going back nearly empty so if anyone has for sale that elusive Bb or LT1 short hood I am looking for Then I have room to collect it .🤔🤣👍
Safe journey to you all, very excited already .👍

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Morning all.
I have arranged a 6 piano delivery round trip for fri sat sunday ending up with spending sunday at the corvette meet at ulswater. Unfortunately the 72 wont be there but am looking forward to meeting some forum faces and admiring your vettes. I will be in a van with a grand piano on the side so dont forget to wave 🙏🤣. I will be going back nearly empty so if anyone has for sale that elusive Bb or LT1 short hood I am looking for Then I have room to collect it .🤔🤣👍
Safe journey to you all, very excited already .👍

But can you play it..

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
What a great weekend! Helped by fantastic sunny weather, particularly today (Sunday).
It was wonderful to see so many glorious 'vettes in such a superb location.
Massive thanks to Stuart (Curtis) for organising the whole show.
Thanks to Mike Buchanan for manning the merchandise tent all weekend.
Thanks too to Paul Aiston and his team from Gliptone - Graeme, Sammi, William and Tom - for their support and hard work!
Thanks to the trophy sponsors - Adrian Flux, Gliptone, Photoscreen, Altertherm and Adrian Dromey Corvettes.
Congratulations to all the trophy winners - see the next Vette News for full details.
Thanks to Cath Caddick for sorting Saturday's cruise route (and to Alf Butcher and Rob Smith for checking out and abandoning the original route!)
And thanks to everyone else who helped out during both days.
Finally, thanks to everyone who attended and made it such a great weekend!!!
Safe journeys home everyone.

Pete Sansbury, Chairman.

FB_IMG_1693763353206.jpgFB_IMG_1693763361864.jpgFB_IMG_1693763357940.jpg

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Phew that was a hot weekend. Hope everyone go home in one piece?

A massive thank you to everyone that attended and made it such a great weekend!

Especially nice putting faces and Corvettes to names.

We may be back at Park Foot next year but maybe after three years it's time for a refresh and try a new venue?

As Pete, mentioned, thanks to everyone that supported the event whether by sponsorship, muscle or just being there.

Cheers,

Stuart

curious bystander

CCCUK Member
We had a much better journey back than the journey up last Friday. Only saw one other 'Vette on the M6. We were doing a nice steady 55 mph and this bloke came along side, made a hand gesture and roared off like he was at the Pod. :unsure: Great weekend all round :)

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
We had a much better journey back than the journey up last Friday. Only saw one other 'Vette on the M6. We were doing a nice steady 55 mph and this bloke came along side, made a hand gesture and roared off like he was at the Pod. :unsure: Great weekend all round :)
Well, after attending the show without the 72, the first thing I did on my return to cornwall was to fire up the vette and go for a late evening blast. 👍
Great show and friendly folk at a stunning venue, also our first trip to cumbria and the proper lakes and mountains tour. loved it. 👍

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
You two must have been asleep at the wheel allowing me to run alongside you for a mile before you realised :LOL:

Great seeing you both

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Well, after attending the show without the 72, the first thing I did on my return to cornwall was to fire up the vette and go for a late evening blast. 👍
Great show and friendly folk at a stunning venue, also our first trip to cumbria and the proper lakes and mountains tour. loved it. 👍
Great meeting you and the fam Garry and glad you enjoyed your first taste of Cumbria (y)

FIVE RED

CCCUK Member
Went over on Sunday & had a great day, met old friends in glorious weather with stunning scenery & an array of very nice Corvettes. That said I was surprised to learn that a count had been taken of less than 60 Corvettes on site. My guess is that the main reason is the price of fuel which is affecting all of us, especially the less fuel efficient cars & distance travelled. It'd be interesting to know how many attended from each region, just curious.
Thanks to everyone who played their part in organising the event, also to the sponsors. I understand the site had increased their charges for this year, also most surprisingly taking a percentage of the takings from the food vendor even though they were paying for the pitch, just what we were told so please correct me if we've received false information.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Went over on Sunday & had a great day, met old friends in glorious weather with stunning scenery & an array of very nice Corvettes. That said I was surprised to learn that a count had been taken of less than 60 Corvettes on site. My guess is that the main reason is the price of fuel which is affecting all of us, especially the less fuel efficient cars & distance travelled. It'd be interesting to know how many attended from each region, just curious.
Thanks to everyone who played their part in organising the event, also to the sponsors. I understand the site had increased their charges for this year, also most surprisingly taking a percentage of the takings from the food vendor even though they were paying for the pitch, just what we were told so please correct me if we've received false information.
Glad you enjoyed it Five. Mike was doing a count and was over 60 when distracted by someone so we'll probably never know for sure.

Your account is close but I'll just clarify some points. The cost to use the field was the same as last year although we had a smaller area this year which if I had made it on Friday without breaking down I would have tackled Park Foot about the size and I may still do that. Sunday was a bit of a squeeze but it all worked out in the end even if we did present the trophies outside the display area. The food truck do have to pay PF 10% of their takings making it hard for the vendor to make it viable and she (Claire) initially said she couldn't do it this year but thankfully she was able to attend and provide a great food service after we said we would cover the 10% Paul from Gliptone did step in (again) and took on this burden. Thanks Paul. The Mountain Rescue (our chosen charity) display which had branded items for sale did not have to stump up any payment to PF.

Park Foot is a great venue but after three years it maybe time for a change of scenery so the hunt for alternative venues in the same general area is already underway.