Corvettes for sale

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
And it`s a monster that will eventually eat itself eventually ! I am a cankerous grumpy old git but don`t plan to sell my car just yet . :LOL:
Chuffs, Grumpy ? Your cruise around cornwall and the scillies must have chilled you right out, how was it . Did you not realise that the scillies are the uk’s Cuba and are full of fifties and sixties american cars just waiting to be bought up for little more than Pasty money ?
well, Almost I did hear Denzil Penberthy has an A35 in his shed on St Mary’s πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I was contacted regarding my 2 owner, body off restored 69 fathom Green with saddle, ,manual which I had planned on being a keeper, my price was Β£26,500 ,which I was told they would sell for Β£32,500.I declined and sold it for Β£26,500.
Life is’nt always all about the money πŸ‘

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Chuffs, Grumpy ? Your cruise around cornwall and the scillies must have chilled you right out, how was it . Did you not realise that the scillies are the uk’s Cuba and are full of fifties and sixties american cars just waiting to be bought up for little more than Pasty money ?
well, Almost I did hear Denzil Penberthy has an A35 in his shed on St Mary’s πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
The sailing was an awesome experience and very `hands on` . Right from the get go being invited to use the RIB tender to shove the `Irene ` away from Newlyn Quay , to raising and lowering the sails and anchor as well as taking turns on the helm . At 100 feet long long and 128 tons it was harder than parking the C3 I can tell you ! Must have got something right though as I was allowed to steer her into St Mary`s Bay anchorage by threading our way around all the many rocks , islands. and hidden shoals . All under the watchful eye of the skipper of course . Climbing out on the bowsprit whilst underway to rig the foresails was an experience as well as clambering down a rope ladder into the RIB to take close action shots whilst DSCF3389.JPGDSCF3501.JPGDSCF3501.JPGDSCF3512.JPGDSCF3552.JPGDSCF3593.JPGDSCF3592.JPGDSCF3604.JPGunder sail :D The Scillies are stunning and we had wall to wall sunshine for the week . Don`t know where all the Yank cars are though , they hardly have any roads over there !!

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
The sailing was an awesome experience and very `hands on` . Right from the get go being invited to use the RIB tender to shove the `Irene ` away from Newlyn Quay , to raising and lowering the sails and anchor as well as taking turns on the helm . At 100 feet long long and 128 tons it was harder than parking the C3 I can tell you ! Must have got something right though as I was allowed to steer her into St Mary`s Bay anchorage by threading our way around all the many rocks , islands. and hidden shoals . All under the watchful eye of the skipper of course . Climbing out on the bowsprit whilst underway to rig the foresails was an experience as well as clambering down a rope ladder into the RIB to take close action shots whilst View attachment 12231View attachment 12232View attachment 12232View attachment 12233View attachment 12234View attachment 12235View attachment 12236View attachment 12237under sail :D The Scillies are stunning and we had wall to wall sunshine for the week . Don`t know where all the Yank cars are though , they hardly have any roads over there !!
What a great trip, what beautiful lines she has, what actually is she ? A gaff cutter ? She is the c3 of the boat world, πŸ˜‚. Am in newlyn tomorrow loading a 7’4” Bechstein grand to go to mansfield on thursday so will look out for her. Great that you got the sun and not the mist both of which the islands are known for. Love the gin clear water πŸ˜€

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
She is a gaff rigged Ketch built in Bridgewater in 1907 and carried bricks and tiles to ports around the west of England and to Ireland . She has since sailed all over the world and appeared in movies and has entertained celebs . Hard to believe that she burned out to below deck level in 2007 whilst in the Caribbean and has been totally and authentically restored . Certainly is a graceful old lady . One day we had every sail possible up , foresails , stay sail , topsails , the lot ! Bloody hard work pulling the topsails up those huge masts but she looked magnificent . Not sure if she is out at sea at this week but I am sure you will spot her sometime . She is part of the classic sail ship fleet based at Charlestown.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Nicholas Monsarrat wrote a book about Corvettes too , but don`t think it had anything to do with C3`s :LOL:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
The weather must have been bad when you sailing Chuffer, sometimes the boat is upright, sometimes its on its side. Must have been some high waves to rock it that much. :ROFLMAO:

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
She is a gaff rigged Ketch built in Bridgewater in 1907 and carried bricks and tiles to ports around the west of England and to Ireland . She has since sailed all over the world and appeared in movies and has entertained celebs . Hard to believe that she burned out to below deck level in 2007 whilst in the Caribbean and has been totally and authentically restored . Certainly is a graceful old lady . One day we had every sail possible up , foresails , stay sail , topsails , the lot ! Bloody hard work pulling the topsails up those huge masts but she looked magnificent . Not sure if she is out at sea at this week but I am sure you will spot her sometime . She is part of the classic sail ship fleet based at Charlestown.
Grew up around charlestown , harbour jumping , scrumping and other mischief. The original charlestown tall ship was the Marques , a barque, i believe that was lost with nineteen souls back in the 80’s in bermuda ? where she was blown on to her side by a squall and went down in minutes.