Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
From the BBC News

Tesla has been ordered to temporarily halt preparations for a car factory in Germany after environmentalists won a court injunction on Sunday.

The electric carmaker had been clearing forest land near the capital, Berlin, ahead of building its first European car and battery plant.

The court emphasised the injunction was temporary and subject to further hearings, probably this week.

Protesters say the factory is a threat to local wildlife and water supplies.
..........................................................................................................................................

BUT: Even if they build on virgin soil, every time they move a particle of soil, the soil is said to be emitting Co2 and they need to use Robots, because Humans also ex-hail Co2

I am all for the preservation of the Earth and Natural Habitat, but when will the World wake up to the ill founded rhetoric promulgated by the Polemics

Why are we not in an Ice Age anymore, what caused the Climate to Warm, what did Caveman do wrong, what Bulb was he using, what was he Driving?

The largest exponent of Co2 is the Sea, the second largest is the Volcanoes of the World

The Greenies want us to Zero our Carbon Footprint - They need to Back fill the Sea, Cap the Volcanoes and exterminate all Humane Life - But then; there would be no Cabbages, no green plant life as all plant life needs Co2 to photosynthesize

Governments jump on the back of the ill fated beliefs to the benefit of Votes and Taxation, whilst most are losing their Marbles, we Vetteheads are losing our Pistons.

Get it right

kentvette

CCCUK Member
The problem is that carbon emissions are not the problem. A so called "carbon footprint" is impossible to define, but very easy to tax or charge to "alleviate". The problems facing the environment are separate from those causing the change in weather, or climate, but bizarrely are related.

If any government had even a slight interest in the environment or the issues of climate, there are 100 things they could do, tomorrow. But as I have said for years - the word Green comes from two others - GREed and ENvy. Show me a so called "green initiative" coming for any government or organisation and I'll show you the greed or envy element of it.

The earth is in trouble, but unfortunately no one is actually doing anything useful about it. I've been interested in, and campaigning for environmental issues for virtually 50 years and the more real facts one finds out, the more depressing it is, and I'm afraid that I am pleased I won't be around in 30 or 40 years time, assuming the planet lasts that long.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
From the BBC News

Tesla has been ordered to temporarily halt preparations for a car factory in Germany after environmentalists won a court injunction on Sunday.

The electric carmaker had been clearing forest land near the capital, Berlin, ahead of building its first European car and battery plant.

The court emphasised the injunction was temporary and subject to further hearings, probably this week.

Protesters say the factory is a threat to local wildlife and water supplies.
..........................................................................................................................................

BUT: Even if they build on virgin soil, every time they move a particle of soil, the soil is said to be emitting Co2 and they need to use Robots, because Humans also ex-hail Co2

I am all for the preservation of the Earth and Natural Habitat, but when will the World wake up to the ill founded rhetoric promulgated by the Polemics

Why are we not in an Ice Age anymore, what caused the Climate to Warm, what did Caveman do wrong, what Bulb was he using, what was he Driving?

The largest exponent of Co2 is the Sea, the second largest is the Volcanoes of the World

The Greenies want us to Zero our Carbon Footprint - They need to Back fill the Sea, Cap the Volcanoes and exterminate all Humane Life - But then; there would be no Cabbages, no green plant life as all plant life needs Co2 to photosynthesize

Governments jump on the back of the ill fated beliefs to the benefit of Votes and Taxation, whilst most are losing their Marbles, we Vetteheads are losing our Pistons.

Get it right
"The problem is that carbon emissions are not the problem"
Exactly - and if most woke up and others including Governments were honest, we could all enjoy and help sustain a better World
We need Governments to stand up, be honest and not be afraid to NOT be PC
But that is a Big Ask

Apologies Stephen - I replied rather than quoting your Post - I will get the hang of it

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Apologies Stephen - I replied rather than quoting your Post - I will get the hang of it

Ha, no problem Barry, I'll let you off!:):)

In fact I keep meaning to compliment you on your almost exclusive use of this forum for your group event publicity, not to mention your very comprehensive Vette News regional reports!👍

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Ha, no problem Barry, I'll let you off!:):)

In fact I keep meaning to compliment you on your almost exclusive use of this forum for your group event publicity, not to mention your very comprehensive Vette News regional reports!👍
Thank you Stephen
Use of the Forum for Events to me is paramount, then Members can see who else is coming, I know the headcount for the food and those who are not regulars can make a better informed decision on whether to join us or not, (some may be reticent if the numbers were low), also it is much easier for me, rather than ringing round before a meeting - Plus I am not a fan of the likes of Facebook or whatever else as the medium.

Regional Reports, We have a bunch of lovely Members and we are mostly like minded, our venue is excellent and we have a lot of fun and many can not wait till the next meet - I sit down not knowing what to write and then it happens, but I now need to be mindful that I do not get carried away - I think I need to mention a Vette occasionally.

Redlevel

Well-known user
Not convinced.. This planet is millions of years old and still changing and evolving. The human impact is probably tiny compared to what the earth wants to do like making seas into deserts or rainforests into ice sheets, all this before our industries and cars..
I can concede the plastic and pollition needs to be resolved and quickly, but the earths bigger picture is something we cant control in the tiny timescale we have been around to 'affect' it.
People like ER and Thunberg should be arrested under terrorism laws as thats simply what they are.. terrorists terrorising people especially children..

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1580673889774.jpg
    FB_IMG_1580673889774.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Plastics polluting the Sea and getting washed up on our Beaches on the News frequently - Hmm! we did not get this before we started recycling our waste and sending it via Ship to the Asian Continent - How does it get from the Ship into the water - I do not understand?

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Not convinced.. This planet is millions of years old and still changing and evolving. The human impact is probably tiny compared to what the earth wants to do like making seas into deserts or rainforests into ice sheets, all this before our industries and cars..
I can concede the plastic and pollition needs to be resolved and quickly, but the earths bigger picture is something we cant control in the tiny timescale we have been around to 'affect' it.
People like ER and Thunberg should be arrested under terrorism laws as thats simply what they are.. terrorists terrorising people especially children..
Extinction Rebellion have all the facets and precepts that are common with and indeed constitute a Religious Cult, they are not necessarily religious but ER is a Religion in itself - be taken in at your peril.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
From what I have seen, both ER and that poison dwarf Thundberg (or rather her controllers!) both fall clearly into the ENvy and GREed catagory respectively! (See my post above)

The fact simply is that there are now too many people for the world to support, be it in food, minerals, or resources such as timber, water, and yes fuels. The old arguement that we don't have the power/influence to change the climate etc no longer holds up, as the poplualtion explosion is happening exponentially. The world's forest are disappearing at a horrific rate, caused by the desperate need for more land for food production. And that single change, which has happened in the last 50 years, is having a massive effect on the climate, right now. It has nothing to do with non-vegetarians or any of that tosh, it is just the sheer numbers of people. Anyone not convinced only needs to look at satelite photos of South America, or Asia taken in the 80's and now to see the problem. Adding to that is the pressure on the earth to absorb somehow the masses of wast we all produce.

I've followed Chris Packham's career for 30 odd years and while I haven't always agreed with all his views, his latest documentary "7.7bn and Counting" is as close to the truth as anyone has come in decades - and of course, he has received all sorts of insults and threats as a result, many from the GREed and ENvy groups who can't make money out of his suggestions! If you haven't seen it, I'd recommend it. It's not accusing, or sensationalist, just factual. And, for some additional viewing, have a look at "Indian Ocean with Simon Reeve". Plenty to think about there and amazingly nothing to do with cars!