Dashcam set up on C3

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
I don’t generally run with a dash cam in the Corvette but attached a Nextbase (from my work vehicle) to the rear window for a driving day last year. The sound isn’t much like reality…

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I don’t generally run with a dash cam in the Corvette but attached a Nextbase (from my work vehicle) to the rear window for a driving day last year. The sound isn’t much like reality…
Still sounds pretty good , love the little chirrup from the tyres . (y) Where was it ?

Vetman

CCCUK Member
Hey - basic curiosity, is anyone here running a dashcam on their C3?
if yes, what does your set up look like?
not sure myself if I should get one (maybe I should stop watching those youtube clips!!!!)
cheers
Further to my response on my dashcam setup. I had it powered through the cigarette lighter socket so needed to be plugged in/unplugged to save the battery. I have now wired it to an ignition-on circuit. Being an electronics genius I just cut the wire at the connector, stripped the wires, and connected them to a fused 12v circuit. The dashcam came on with the ignition but then indicated no power source and shut down. Bad move. The dashcam needs the connector it came with or an install kit. Maybe 5v not 12v. I then connected a female cig socket to the car and plugged the cig connector into that. Now working fine and kit not required. I believe some devices would be toast by now.

Oli

CCCUK Member
Hi - happy new year. Apologies I haven’t been ignoring anyone, just a combination of work, Christmas and Covid related disruption. Santa (my wife) has now graced me with a webcam set (front and rear) so I will need to install that. It does feed of cigarette lighter so will leave it like that until I decide what to do. Brand is Orskey - not sure that’s good or bad.
Happy driving, hope you get out and about even in winter (I know I do!)