Remove the Graphics
Colour code the Boot Spoiler to the main Body Colour
Cool

Roscobbc

Perhaps like this?
371808-378797.jpg

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Yes very nice - The black on the Hood and Side Pipes set it off nicely together with the tall polished Rims - not sure on the Seats

Dazaa

Well-known user
Well done flares/hooker side pipes and the right modern wheels turn a c3 from a boring old car in to a real beast, put a flared vette next to a modern super car and it can easily hold it's own.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Well done flares/hooker side pipes and the right modern wheels turn a c3 from a boring old car in to a real beast, put a flared vette next to a modern super car and it can easily hold it's own.
No C3 is ever a boring old car unless of course you are thinking of something a little French with 4 seats

Roscobbc

Often wondered about side pipes for mine - didn't really want the issue of only ever hearing 4 pots (and the potential loss of performance) - just have to accept the limitations of poor ground clearance of an under car system. I like the pro-mod style but wanted to keep the open fender style of an early C3

Attachments

• _DSC4294.jpg
    _DSC4294.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 3

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I have side pipes on me - I wanted it that way as I like the look of side pipes and it makes it a bit different. Sound wise, its a bit loud, but I like it though. Bonus points about side pipes is when your mate has spent ages cleaning his car and then parks next to you.... and you start your sidepipe equipped car up and cover his with the dust and dirt from the floor :D

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Often wondered about side pipes for mine - didn't really want the issue of only ever hearing 4 pots (and the potential loss of performance) - just have to accept the limitations of poor ground clearance of an under car system. I like the pro-mod style but wanted to keep the open fender style of an early C3
Enlighten me on "the potential loss of power" is it due to the extreme bend where the side pipe connects to the manifold (as a side I remember from my Imp days there was a "Tuned Length" for an exhaust, they usually protruded about 9" on a race Imp)

Dazaa

Well-known user
No C3 is ever a boring old car unless of course you are thinking of something a little French with 4 seats

Debatable, the lower HP post 72 cars were pretty...well lets just say a 165hp v8 Corvette is pretty embarrassing, combine that with the god ugly stock Rally wheels and balloon tires...
I am a tad biased towards modified c3's tho.

Roscobbc

Enlighten me on "the potential loss of power" is it due to the extreme bend where the side pipe connects to the manifold (as a side I remember from my Imp days there was a "Tuned Length" for an exhaust, they usually protruded about 9" on a race Imp)
As you intimate sidemounts tend to be restrictive if you factor-in the increased tuned length and bends if looking for maximum output from your specific engine combination - 'tuned length' is excessive. If we're talking about Hookers sidemounts the outside sidepipes themselves are 4" diameter but the internal diameter of the muffler core slipped inside is much smaller - less of an issue if you run without a muffler core. You'll also loose out on the benefits of specifically paired exhaust tubes and 'X' pipes.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
As you intimate sidemounts tend to be restrictive if you factor-in the increased tuned length and bends if looking for maximum output from your specific engine combination - 'tuned length' is excessive. If we're talking about Hookers sidemounts the outside sidepipes themselves are 4" diameter but the internal diameter of the muffler core slipped inside is much smaller - less of an issue if you run without a muffler core. You'll also loose out on the benefits of specifically paired exhaust tubes and 'X' pipes.
Cheers Ross what about the pros and cons of "H" and "X" formats and which engine types they are best utilised

Last edited:

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
I love original but a friend sent me this when i was debating over an orange one before i plumped for red. this resto' mod is lovely. iPhoto Library.jpg

Dazaa

Well-known user
'God ugly stock Rally Wheels'?.......every man to his own;)..........I think they are spot on...

My age probably has something to do with it, being born in 95, theres no nostalgia aspect. In stock form they just look meh, hence why my 71 is anything but stock.

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and each to their own i agree. i have seen some lovely modded examples and ive also seen some shocking ones too. However you look at it the C3 (and all other vette's for that matter) are pure art so any modifications to this must be done carefully and with thought otherwise it just looks like they've done a smash and grab at the local Halfords.