Detailing a C4

Nails84

CCCUK Member
Is it safe to detail a C4?

This is the first car I have owned that is not metal and I want to make sure that using a DA or machine polisher or applying a ceramic coat is not going to damage the paint or finish of the car.

Thanks
Mike

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I have been using Liquid Glass on 10 Corvettes I have owned since early 1980s, so that is 40 years of using this
It was designed for fiberglass airplanes and Corvettes and why the bottle shows a C2

• Liquid Glass Polish/Finish Produces A Clear, Hard, Smooth, Mirror-like Finish.
  • Liquid Glass Polish/Finish Is The Car Collector's and Customer's Choice.
  • Liquid Glass Polish/Finish Contains No Abrasives.
  • Liquid Glass Polish/Finish Contains No Wax.
  • Liquid Glass Polish/Finish Is Clear Coat Safe.
Also, can be used on the windows inside and outside, and wheels
Not a wax, look at the bottom of that webpage and you also see they have a soap and pre-cleaner products that work with this

Best is after Vette is clean to install this with no direct sunlight
After installing the first coat, then park out in the sun for a few hours and the sun will cause this to flow out and fill out any slight scratches
After that, you could put another coat on or more if liking.

Only need to put a coat on like 2 times a year
Prevents ultraviolet of Sun and limits dirt and bugs sticking on surface

Yes, I use a machine polisher to put the LG on and then also to buff it off after drying

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
Absolutely fine to use a machine polisher on a Corvette. Two pictures of before and after polishing.
This was very faded and almost pink looking.
This was done with a cheap rotary polisher and Farecla G3 compound followed by a coat of Meguiars Ultimate polish.
I have since bought a good DA polisher and some polishing compounds so it will be further refined and given a coat of Soft 99 Fuso wax
IMG_20220212_163311.jpgIMG_20230314_150125.jpg