Didn't Take Long, C8 Crash

N

Norm

I suppose it was inevitable, at this time, have no more info as to fault.

N

Norm

One of them crossed over the center line, don't know who yet, Vette or white SUV. Red pick up may be collateral damage.

N

Norm

I thought maybe the C8 reveal could have kicked it off, the powers that be thought otherwise.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Yeah, You have to "reveal" it before before you can crash it? Bad Karma as far as I am concerned. Personally, I don't want/need to see ongoing photos/stories of crashed/totalled Vettes in the States on here. Dont know what other members think about that? Is a totalled C8 story C8 "Technical Talk" anyway? "Corvette Gossip" maybe? How about giving the C8 generation a good start on here and delete the thread?

Last edited:
N

Norm

Yeah, You have to "reveal" it before before you can crash it? Bad Karma as far as I am concerned. Personally, I don't want/need to see ongoing photos/stories of crashed/totalled Vettes in the States on here. Dont know what other members think about that? Is a totalled C8 story C8 "Technical Talk" anyway? "Corvette Gossip" maybe? How about giving the C8 generation a good start on here and delete the thread?
Why would you want it deleted? Wow, so any Corvette that crashes or is totaled out is taboo here because it happened in the states? What about the UK, is that OK?
This forum is an international site to discuss Corvettes, is it not? So you don't think any of the members on this forum wouldn't want to know how the crash happened? I would categorize that under "situational awareness".
You know this forum is viewed by the public around the world, and you do have an international section here that I am a member, a paid up member. So you're saying I do not have the right to post a thread regarding Corvette crashes?
I have not received either by a personal message or in a post (except yours) complaining about my posts. I know of no violation of the rules regarding posting on this forum that I have violated, if so, please point them out to me.
Personally if you don't want to see ongoing photos/stories of crashed totaled Corvettes, there is one thing you can do, just don't view my posts, put me in your ignore list, very simple game.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Norm Keep the posts coming and keep us updated with the news and views - So we were not up to the minute with introducing the C8 Forum - apologies for that - First news of a Vette crashed after launch is news which ever way you look a it - Not only that, was the reason for the crash significant to a prospective purchaser ?

The DB11 did not last very long after launch till they revamped the rear set up -Why ?

N

Norm

No official cause of the crash at this time, but here is a close up of front damage, not pretty at all. This could be a total, but it's a pre-production model, so it would have been sent to the crusher anyhow.

c8 wreck.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Roscobbc

Give it 6 months and that'll be on-line and for sale here in UK - if we're lucky it'll be noted as salvage - if not someone will ignorantly end up buy it at what might be an inflated price - its the only way you'll see likely to see one for sale in the UK at a reasonable price for a long while yet.......

N

Norm

Looks like the C8 driver was at fault, no official report though. Some more light reading AND pictures...........caution, may be depressing for sensitive eyes.....:eek: