Door panel 'repair'.

antijam

CCCUK Member
The door cards on my '71 are not in bad nick - apart from a couple of cracks in the driver's side armrest....

cracks.JPG

...and in close-up...

2-P1370184.JPG

I'm guessing cracks in this spot this must be a common problem, since 'patch panels' are available from several Parts suppliers.

Capture.JPG
(I think the contrasting colour is only for clarity)

Fitting these patches is obviously much cheaper than replacing the whole card but I'm wondering if a). they shout aftermarket crap, and b) whether they extend up high enough to cover both my splits.

Does anyone have these fitted to their '68 - '77 and if so, do they look OK? If you do have them fitted it would be helpful to know how far up the armrest they extend - whether far enough to cover my upper split?

Red74

CCCUK Member
I have these on my '74 and they are a good fit and colour match (mine are Oxblood)and they don't look out of place.

I think it will be touch and go to cover the other split as the item extend upwards by about 2 1/2 inches measured from the chrome strip.

Hope this is of some help.

antijam

CCCUK Member
Thanks for the feedback Red, nice to know they don't look out of place. However, much as I feared, they won't extend up far enough to cover the upper split - ah well...:(