Door removal on 79 coupe

Nigel curry

CCCUK Member
Hi all
Anyone had any experience on removing doors on my 79 coupe!i have removed the door panel to tighten the mirror but I now want to remove the door completely
Any thoughts would be most welcome
Regards nige

Nigel curry

CCCUK Member
Hi all
Anyone had any experience on removing doors on my 79 coupe!i have removed the door panel to tighten the mirror but I now want to remove the door completely
Any thoughts would be most welcome
Regards nige
Sorry All.having read my original message it sounds wrong!! I meant has anyone had to remove the doors on A 79 coupe!! Not MY 79 coupe (if you know what I mean) rambling old git.
Nige

Custom exotics

Well-known user
Sorry All.having read my original message it sounds wrong!! I meant has anyone had to remove the doors on A 79 coupe!! Not MY 79 coupe (if you know what I mean) rambling old git.
Nige
If you have door panel removed its fairly simple remove top cover plate to reveal the 4x 9/16 bolts and you should be able to see 4 more through bottom hole disconect wiring in door from elec windows and central lockingi f you have it pull grommet from door end then u will need help from a mate as doors are heavy one hold door one undo all the 8 bolts and just slide door off hinge feding wiring out as you do ....simples...

johng

CCCUK Member
Nigel,
I found that getting the wires out was a bit tricky, especially if you are doing it on your own. Would be best to have an assistant.