Driver info center

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
I can’t get door ajar or hood ajar working all I have got going is park brake seat belt and the service light has always worked but don’t know what should show when you turn the ignition on dash works fine now but when I put lights on the turn signal Illuminates on the dash but it won’t flash on drivers side so may just be a flasher unit as all work fine on hazards

Ray Quayle

CCCUK Member
Pretty sure there is no “HOOD AJAR” indicator. There is a “HATCH AJAR” on coupes. Hatch as well as Door Ajar indicators are triggered by pin switches and often go bad after 30 or so years. In the doors there are switches at the leading edge in the hinge area and at the trailing edge in the latch area. The “DOOR AJAR” indicator is triggered by the trailing edge (Aft) switches. The switches are supposed to close when door is open or not properly shut.

There are two flashers, one for hazards and one for turn. The hazard flasher will flash all working lights even if one or more are out. The turn flasher is different in that it will flash at a different rate, or not at all if you have one or more lights out on that side. Turn on hazards and compare which lights flash between driver and passenger sides. Make sure you check all lights. You’ll probably find that one or more lights on the driver side are out.

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
Cheers ray the interior lights work on the doors and the hatch I still have 3 chewed wires that I’m unable to trace the other ends of