Driver information center

My C5 Driver Information Center is not working . I purchased another set of buttons thinking it might be that but it’s not . The display works for door ajar and odometer ect just non of the stuff controlled by the buttons . Anyone have any ideas or know of a good corvette shop in the north west .?
Pete

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Is it possible that the issue is bad bulbs in the DIC ?
Best is with a OBDII scanner that can connect to the IPC, then as I show your IPC
would simply then push a DIC switch and see on scanner if IPC see that and responds to it

C5IPC.jpg

There are a few other things to checking that may lead to the source of the problem:

1) Is the passenger side carpet wet?
A common issue and the AC drain being plugged causes the condensate to back up into the car.
The wet carpet can lead to a wet BCM (in the passenger foot well to the left of the IPC fuse box). If the BCM gets wet, there are all sorts of problems that will result.

2) Have you checked the battery voltage across the battery posts with a digital voltmeter and NO KEY in the ignition?
Most of the electronics in the car require a minimum of 12.5 volts to function properly, although it is possible to start the car with as little as 12.2 volts.

3) Check the rubber accordion boots between the door and the body for bare wires.

4) The Class 2 serial Starbus network (located by the BCM under hatch on passenger floor) wires getting bare and causing a lot of dash related problems. Also, as a solution. Check both doors:

The DIC buttons are wired to the IPC directly. (Dash Controller)
The IPC provides the 5 volt power for them, and is also the ground for the buttons.

There is a multi-color wiring bundle from the IPC to the switches.
You will have to remove the IPC and see if the connector has come loose.
If it is not loose, then you need to check between the GREY wire (ground) and any of the others and see if you get 5 volts across them.
If you don't get 5 volts, the IPC needs repair/replacement.
If you get 5 volts, then the switches themselves are bad.

Maybe one of the switches has "jammed" as if you were holding it down constantly, and the other switches aren't functioning due to that one.