Driving Day - North Weald Airfield, Friday 8th November

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
If you want to test your driving skills and push your Corvette to it's limits then this event may appeal!

Several Club members did this event last year and really enjoyed it (there was a write up in Vette News).

It's a safe event - it's not a track day, you won't need a crash helmet. Theres only one car at a time on the course, and there's nothing to crash into other than some cones.

Cost is just ยฃ40 for the whole day. For full details and how to book a place, see the following link -

A photo from last year...

Corvette's North Weald 27-07-18  0013.jpg

Fishy Dave

CCCUK Member
Yup, I've spent the last four hours outside sorting the power steering....again! I can report it's a bit nippy. I have the sump heater plugged in already so nice toasty oil for the 5.15 start. See you there.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
An excellent day at North Weald today with the Corvettes burning up the track.
We all learnt a bit, found our car's limits once or twice and had a lot of fun.
Dave expertly piloted his C6, setting lap times beaten only by a McLaren 720S20191108_124708.jpg

Fishy Dave

CCCUK Member
Thanks, I really enjoyed the day. The grippier tyres and suspension changes helped me improve my times by 3 seconds on last year. Thanks to Mark for letting me drive his C5, a really good experience, quite different from mine in the handling set up and auto of course. Looking down the times the Vette's held their own against the hordes of Lotus Elise and Exige. 20191108_160303.jpg

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
It's so addictive........I've come away thinking I really want to do it again - to improve on the driving lines, braking points, mistakes etc. No two of my laps were the same driving wise but surprisingly times were all within one second.

Fishy Dave

CCCUK Member
Yep, definately addictive. ๐Ÿ˜Ž That's where a trackday can be great as you get so many opportunities to repeat laps and work on eliminating the mistakes. Happy to do another of these days next year. Whilst it's a lot more money take a look at the Javelin sprint series, it's similar to what we've done but there are points and trophies20191108_103259.jpg. The McLaren driver was very complimentary of your car and driving btw.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
The McLaren driver was very complimentary of your car and driving btw.
I think he appreciated the contrast of a noisy, agricultural 70โ€™s muscle car to his F1 technology rocket ship (thoroughly enjoyed my ride in the McLaren too - an unbelievable machine)
Sorry we didnโ€™t swap rides Dave..next time๐Ÿ˜ƒ Iโ€™d be interested to be the passenger in my car with you driving it properly tbh.

Invetterate

CCCUK Member
Andy's was the best sounding car there without a doubt. Next time, it will be run in and considerably quicker, I'm sure.

Fantastic day - thanks to those who ventured out for what has got to be the event of the year. Hopefully more will join us next year.

Thanks to Dave for letting me drive his C6. First time in a C6 and with a manual box - very nice car to drive and felt really quick. Whilst he powerslid mine, I managed to spin his.... Felt really bad about that, but he took it very well. At least no one could say we weren't trying!

Was I happy to have a best time quicker than two of the Exiges in a virtually standard C5 auto? Well, yes, I was really......

Quote of the day went to Andy: " Everyone who owns a Corvette should try this". He's right.:cool:

Fishy Dave

CCCUK Member
Here are three of my runs put together. The middle one amuses me, I'm not sure who the lady was, I think she was with a Lotus driver?