Driving from another era

kentvette

CCCUK Member
That brings back a few memories! I used to have to practice that "commentary" when I was learning to drive, as my instructor was also a IAM instructor and was keen for me to take their test. And I remember bus conductors signalling from the step!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
An interesting dialogue from 1963 in then what was considered a powerful car.........a lot of interesting coverage and sensible comment from the narrator - overtaking manouver at 4.55sec's seemed rather 'tight' to me..........
What a jolly spiffing way to drive one`s Jaguar Mk 2 . :)

HJG

Well-known user
There are very few drivers out there today who drive with that level of thought and observation. However the flashing of lights and blasting of horn in the outside lane is seen as inappropriate aggression nowadays.
Overtake didn't look too bad, other driver didn't appear to have to change their direction or speed.

I have to use this type of commentary for driver training at work.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
There are very few drivers out there today who drive with that level of thought and observation. However the flashing of lights and blasting of horn in the outside lane is seen as inappropriate aggression nowadays.
Overtake didn't look too bad, other driver didn't appear to have to change their direction or speed.

I have to use this type of commentary for driver training at work.
Thought , observation , anticipation and respect for other road users is an allien concept for 99% of drivers these days . I was brought up on the schooling that if you drive is if everyone else on the road is an idiot you will be more prepared for any eventuality . Plus you will be rarely disappointed that most people are idiots once behind the wheel !